Moving/2169 Mission/Access Control
There are six points of access to the 3rd floor of 2169 Mission:
- The stairwell door on the north wall,
- the elevator on the west wall,
- the stairwell door on the south wall,
- the stairwell door to the second floor in the northeast corner,
- the patio/fire escape stairs to the second floor (and the escape ladder to the ground floor), and
- the roof hatch.
Once on the third floor, there are two other doors:
- The south door from the third floor elevator landing, and
- the east gate from the third floor elevator landing.
There are also a basement and a roof which are off-limits.
Connects To: Outside, Front Door.
The front gate is an iron gate with an electronic latch driven by the intercom pad next to the north stairwell door. This door uses a Spark brand lock. The lock uses a Kwikset-style ward with pins 73655 (tip to shoulder.) We share this lock with our neighbors on the 2nd floor and the landlord.
Connects To: Front Gate, North Stairwell Door, Elevator.
The front door is a pair of glass doors, each with a lock near the floor to drive a pin into the ground. Both cylinders use Schlage-style wards with pins 42466 (approx.)
North Stairwell Door
Connects To: Front Door, Elevator, Noisebridge.
This door uses generic Schlage compatible wards and uses the standard Noisebridge version A key.
Connects To: Front Door, Basement, South Elevator Landing Door, East Elevator Landing Gate.
The elevator takes about 33 seconds to go between the first and third floors, while walking at a normal pace up the stairs takes about 20 seconds. Thus, the stairs may be used more often than the elevator for members without bicycles.