- City waste dumpster and permits
- Sales tax free account at local big box hardware/contractor store (yay 501(c)(3))
Pre Move Stuff from 2009-08-07
- landlord point of contact - andy
- remove drying racks or junk?
- industrial sewing machines
- $200 a piece to us
- landlord dealing w/ sliding doors to fire escape
- no idea what this is but it kept getting mentioned
- moving day - reuben
- walls - shannon
- wall plan
- recycle as much material as possible for bath/walls/etc
- new floor plan
- area of rescue assitance
- in shop?
- near side exit ok?
- rear area should be raised at leats 2'
- projectionable spaces
- wall plan
- interwebs - matt petersen
- kitchen/bath - miloh/christie
- standalone counter/sink
- electric stove (no gas hookup)
- test existing fridge?
- rearward but along which axis?
- drain stub work contemporary w/ bathroom work
- dishwasher? disposal?
- kitchen wants/needs - stove + 2 circuits
- scott - 510-904-7448
- expand front into ada
- bigger (5' turning radius minimum)
- rotate existing toilet
- wall mount sink (maybe not longer one)
- walls to ceiling
- door placement?
- tie into existing drain venting
- existing hot water downstairs
- hvac - ben
- central line? (back/front orientation)
- active venting/cooling/heating?
- access/interior control - dr jesus
- currently, lots of keys
- inner glass door
- locks from inside/outside
- upstairs 'entrance'
- elevator/stairwell separable?
- full wall?
- remove current gates for now (one less key)
- elec - rachel/jim
- front electrical enable/joint account
- one electrical panel poorly wired
- eg, 50A breaker to 8 rated wires
- 'self' upgrade to code-ish is easy/cheap
- ceiling rails
- has ground lines but wired well?
- boxes are 'custom' so need to be checked as well
- floors - ?
- rear patching
- add utilities to nb titled accounts
- garbage service
- mail box?
- weirdly shared downstairs
- po box?
- no water damage coverage?
- dumpster rental for demo?
- need 'permit' or something to park out front
Build Meeting 2009-08-14
Lights - Shannon
- Bringing lights in rear up to level of lights in front, or somewhat higher to put in walls
- Could possible raise them higher, working with Neil Sunday
- Budget: TBD
- Going to do with volunteer muralists
- We will not hold off on moving
- Basecoat Only, Something Close to White
- Needs a person to handle paint - co-headed by Steve C and Rachel McC
Spaces at 83c
83c has subspaces consisting of:
- The Main / Meeting Room
Spaces Planned for the Sweatshop
Concept: Usage Zones
Academic / Classroom
consisting of conference / classrooms, areas suitable for learning, planning, and colaboration. Room ideas are:
- Dungeons and Dragons room: a rectangular room with a board-room style table in it, walls covered in bookshelves and whiteboards.
- Math Room: Krutcher suggests that rather than a "conference room" style classroom, maybe we want a "math room" -- essentially a room with a couple of small tables, some chairs or couches, lots of pacing space, and a bunch of whiteboards; the idea is to facilitate active, creative discussion.
- Study Rooms: Small rooms just big enough for four people to crowd into or one person to spread out in.
- The chill space / lounge conceptually could belong to this Zone.
- Library -- bookshelves, chairs/cushions/lighting for individual reading, some tables for quiet study
- Possible to have a graphics/drafting area? Light table and drafting tables w/maylines, ETC.
Make / Build
Consisting of shop and lab space. Ideas include:
- Dirty Shop -- the machine room / fab space for actually sawing, hammering, lathing and milling.
- Clean Shop -- electronics lab filled with benches for soldering &c.
- Craft Space -- suitable for textile work &c
- Darkroom -- For developing pictures; double doors to allow entry when dark; red lighting
- Chem lab -- space suitable for chemistry / bio work
- A/V studio -- soundproof room.
- big enough for a small band and mics
- greenscreen & camera recording
- Ham shack -- Amaetur radio operating room. Needs good way to get feed lines to the roof.
- positive airflow ventilation to outside
- pressurized hoses to operate tools, blow / suck debris
- possible water & drainage hookup
- strong power lines
- security / fencing-off for party times
- sound barrier to other zones