There has been much discussion on the mailing list about various issues faced with moving to 2169 Mission. Please list the various issues you think that Noisebridge should address.
- Lack of published budget showing we can afford this space with our existing run rate AND afford the required/desired upgrades?
- is 2169 accessible to wheelchair users?
"There is a freight elevator which goes from the street-level "lobby" to the third floor. I don't know if it will comply with the letter of the law on ADA issues, but I do believe it will be practically useable to enable weelchair users to access the third floor." -from discuss list
- is the vermin problem (due to the greengrocery downstairs) large or small?
- Can the wood floor support future heavy equipment?
Move in cost
- Numbers ranging 10-$50k have been voiced.
Long term cost
"It's a good deal in terms of $/sqft, so in that sense it's cheap. My question is simply whether we presently have the funds to commit to that extra 1.5k/mo for 3 years. It seems to me that the numbers since Dec 08 say 'no'; we'd be short ~$600/mo, esp. considering we'll have some outlay costs in renovation." -from discuss list
"it's very hard to predict whether expanding our space would lead to expanding membership as well. At current rates, the rent increase alone would require ~18 new members to be paid off." -from discuss list
"We've been adding net 6 members per month for the last 3 months. Obviously past results are not a guarantee of future performance, but the signs are good. We have an excellent member pipeline and dozens of prospects."-from discuss list