List of Wants and Needs as we look for a new space.
Add to these as you feel like it, and feel free to move them up and down the list; the top of the list is to be considered "most important" and the bottom of the list "least important," so if everybody moves things around we hope to come to some sort of consensus on priorities.
- 24x7 access
- At least 3000 square feet of floor space (would love 4ksf or more, 5ksf would be great).
- under $4K for rent, should be <= $1/sf.
- bathroom (preferably private to our unit, not shared with other tenants)
- shower is nice but not necessary.
- mix of office and workshop space.
- At least 10' ceilings, preferably a loft so that part of the space is double-height (for projection win)
- multiple rooms with some sound protection (for simultaneous classes and other events)
- own utilities (electric) with breaker box in unit
- roof access (for antennas primarily)
- < 1/4 mile from a BART station
- Safe neighborhood at night (i.e. 2am), or at least no worse than Wiese/16th.
- The shed must be
blue red orangemauve.
Unicorns, Ponies, unicorns AND rainbows.
By comparison, our current space:
- 24x7 access
- ~1200sf, ~$1.50/sf
- loft with high ceiling area
- we've retrofitted one office as workshop
- we have our own utilities
- basically one big room, no physical separation for multiple events
- bathroom with shower & kitchen
- <1 block from BART
- needles in the streets