Music/Choose Your Own Adventure
Where do you want to play the music from?
Pony - Where do you want music to happen?
Laptop - How do you want get your music to the speakers?
I just want to physically plug into the sound system
I want to upload my music to Pony so I can play it remotely
I want to stream music from my laptop wirelessly
Laptop/Mobile Device - Physical - Where do you want music to happen?
Laptop - Upload - Where do you want music to happen?
Laptop - Stream - Where do you want music to happen?
Internet - Where do you want music to happen?
Pony - Hackitorium
- Make sure the amplifier on the AV shelf is on and set to WHATEVER INPUT, volume at about -20
- Make sure the computer Horsy (found above the amplifier) is on and running
- Get your laptop onto the Noisebridge network through wired or wifi
- Open a browser and go to http://172.30.0.44
- Use the web interface to load songs and edit the playlist
You can use a more rich native MPD client to interface with Horsy. Noisebridge recommends...
- Linux: Ario (sudo apt-get ario)
- Mac: [hhttp://theremin.amd.co.at/0.6.2.3/Theremin_0.6.2.3.tbz Theremin]
- Windows: BJJ
MPD on Horsy:
- IP Address: 172.30.0.44
- Port: 6600 (default)
Pony - Hack Cafe
Laptop/Mobile Device - Physical - Hackitorium
Laptop/Mobile Device - Physical - Hack Cafe
Laptop - Upload - Hackitorium
Laptop - Upload - Hack Cafe
Laptop - Stream - Hackitorium
Laptop - Stream - Hack Cafe
Internet - Hackitorium
Internet - Hack Cafe