- Symon NetLite II 
- Has DHCP client and grabs an IP address with no problem
Starting Nmap 4.85BETA8 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-05-09 20:40 PDT Interesting ports on 192.168.3.157 (old: 172.30.0.107): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 23/tcp open telnet 80/tcp open http 700/tcp open unknown
Starting Nmap 4.20 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2009-09-25 19:18 PDT Interesting ports on 192.168.3.157: Not shown: 1485 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 69/udp open|filtered tftp<gallery mode="packed-hover"> File:Ct3-06.jpg|''[[commons:Psetta maxima|Psetta maxima]]'' (Turbot) File:044.jpg|''[[commons:Psetta maxima|Psetta maxima]]'' (Turbot) File:045.jpg|''[[commons:Psetta maxima|Psetta maxima]]'' (Turbot) File:046.jpg|''[[commons:Psetta maxima|Psetta maxima]]'' (Turbot) File:047.jpg|''[[commons:Psetta maxima|Psetta maxima]]'' (Turbot) File:048.jpg|''[[commons:Psetta maxima|Psetta maxima]]'' (Turbot) </gallery> 137/udp open|filtered netbios-ns 161/udp open|filtered snmp MAC Address: 00:00:E0:BC:2C:9B (Quadram)
- Telnet port is open and connects without password. Once connected, typing "Logon=" gives you access to more settings.
SYMON NetLite II, Ver 2.60(181.21) 16x128 (Boot:175.01-S3d.BFE.fd13) System up time = 01:55:23 Waiting On Connection Statistics: Memory: 31195120 recvd packets = 0 used = 1324544( 4.2%) bad packets = 0 free = 29870576( 95.7%) queued packets = 0 blks = 4/264 bytes received = 4 Msgs = 8 Refresh = 63Hz Serial Number = 00.00.E0.BC.2C.9B Name = Llama IP Address = 172.30.0.107 DHCP = 172.30.0.1 Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0 DNS = 172.30.0.1 Default Gateway = 172.30.0.1 CMD:
- "help" (after "logon=") outputs:
CMD's = Set Ip=n.n.n.n, Set SubNetMask=n.n.n.n, Set DHCP Set Gateway=n.n.n.n, Set WINS=n.n.n.n[, n.n.n.n], Set DNS=n.n.n.n, Set Name=name, Set Password=password, Help Wireless, Help SNTP, LogOff, Exit, Reset, Help Show BOOT|FONT|APPL|ANIMATION|SNTP|WIRELESS Ping n.n.n.n, Arp, Clear CTRL-R = refresh display, CTRL-S = switch statistics, CTRL-D = exit
- Communication with the sign is over port 700, but protocol is unknown and probably proprietary
- Appears to require proprietary Symon Enterprise Server software in order to display messages.
- It is running a TFTP server
- It's running a web server for configuring things. Running Micro-Web
- Outdated setup manual for an old model: 
- Running on an ARM-based Sharp SOC (Sharp LH7A400-N0B)
- Marked "Symon Communications / 201-1700-A01 / Rev D / 12/03/03"
- 20-pin header marked "JTAG" -- presumably regular 20-pin ARM JTAG.
- Some photos of the board here from jof
- Photos from edrabbit
- On-board flash -- 2x Sharp LH28F320BFE. Datasheet: File:SharpLH28F320BFE.pdf
- On-board SDRAM -- 2x Samsung K4S281632F. Datasheet: File:SamsungK4S281632F.pdf
- The sign appears to reboot if you write a null byte '\x00' to port 700
- The read only snmp community is "public".
It's on the shop wall next to the mooninite. It has a network address and a usb cable hanging down next to the SIP phone. You can see the IP address on the display. Pwn it.