Internet is great, and we get scared when it doesn't work.
Problem: The internet is broken or down!
What to do when your internets are broken at Noisebridge:
- Don't panic.
- Have fun, the internet at Noisebridge isn't required to make the space awesome.
- You're reading this page, there's a good chance the internet is working.
- Figure out where the source of your problem is.
- Are you connected to the wifi? Try using a wired connection from the ethernet under the Rebar screen.
- Can you ping 172.30.0.1? If not then your connection to the local network isn't working.
- Can you ping 18.104.22.168? If not then you're connected to the network but Noisebridge's link to the rest of the world is non-functional in some way.
- Can you ping noisebridge.net? If not then your DNS might be broken in some way.
If you continue to have issues, try emailing the Rack mailing list (providing as much information as you can about the issue you're having) and see if anyone volunteers to help you with your problems.
Problem: The internet is so slow!
- This area of the Mission is extremely saturated with a ton of 802.11bg wifi traffic. The internet might be fine but the wireless might be just too noisy to allow traffic at a fast speed.
- Try the 802.11a wifi network called "noisebridge-a" if your laptop can support it.
- Try using a wired connection from the ethernet under the Rebar screen.
- Take a look at status.noisebridge.net and see if usage is up at 2169 Mission. Someone else might be abusing the network (torrenting porn) while you're attempting to use it for good (Care Bear videos).
Problem: The printer isn't printing!
- You're fucked.