Revision as of 16:13, 23 January 2010 by Thatha
This page describes the specifications and implementation of a NoisyCalendar, a calendaring solution that adheres to Noisebridge's practices and principles.
- Publicly editable.
- Anonymously editable.
- Publicly linkable.
- Has the usual variety of calendar layouts (day, week, month, list).
- The usual calendar capabilities (description field, repeating events).
- iCal output.
- Some sort of feed which can auto-update the wiki homepage.
- Probably free.
- Hosted locally(ish).
- If anonymous edits are allowed, there needs to be a mechanism for rolling back malicious edits.
- Can use wiki logins or some other kind of identification in addition to anonymous
- Events have a field for which room/area of NB
- Calendars show which room/area of NB
- open source or some other moral superiority
- easy publishing to email (for nb-announce, for instance)
- misc bells and whistles
- RSS feed
- Some kind of reputation system, likely usernames. Edits can be associated with usernames.
- Tagging/Categorizing of events are useful so as to group similar events. There's a lot going on at NB! IE: "5MoF", "Conlang", "Not Happening on a Regular Basis", "Reoccuring"
We are still at the brainstorming phase