This page describes the specifications and implementation of a NoisyCalendar, a calendaring solution that adheres to Noisebridge's practices and principles.
- Publicly editable
- Unregistered editable
- Revert edits
- Publicly linkable
- Has the usual variety of calendar layouts (day, week, month, list)
- Events have a time, duration, description, recurrence, location
- Exports to iCalendar (RFC 5545)
- Widget on the wiki homepage
- Free, as in free speech and free beer
- Hosted locally
- Can use wiki logins or some other kind of identification in addition to anonymous
- Events have a field for which room/area of NB
- Calendars show which room/area of NB
- open source or some other moral superiority
- easy publishing to email (for nb-announce, for instance)
- misc bells and whistles
- RSS feed
- Some kind of reputation system, likely usernames. Edits can be associated with usernames.
- Tagging/Categorizing of events are useful so as to group similar events. There's a lot going on at NB! IE: "5MoF", "Conlang", "Not Happening on a Regular Basis", "Reoccuring"
We are still at the brainstorming phase
- replace prefixsearch with cateogry->getMembers
- add parsing for time
- validate stuff (on ArticleSave or on every ViewHook). you could get a preview, even if you clicked save, if your edit is invalid. ViewHook?
- let event description be wherever in the article
- iCalendar export
- use objectcache for caching
- we shall use a human-readable wikiformat of the format:
= Event Details = (any heading level is acceptable) * Key: Value
Valid keys, for now, are: "Description", "When", "Where", "Recurring", "Organiser"