Difference between revisions of "Noisebridge"
m (Protected "Noisebridge": Counter-productive edit warring ([edit=autoconfirmed] (expires 18:12, 13 August 2014 (UTC)) [move=autoconfirmed] (expires 18:12, 13 August 2014 (UTC))))
Revision as of 18:12, 6 August 2014
|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Channels | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | Edit|
Noisebridge is a fun space for sharing, creation, collaboration, research, development, mentoring, and of course, learning. Come visit, work, and use our equipment free (but please donate when you can!)
|Noisebridge status: Open but Under Construction until the Grand Reopening of August 15th.
We're raising $25K for our parts and labor expenditures! Help us out at our IndieGoGo fundraising campaign page.
The Reboot schedule:
Contact Naomi: pnaomi at gmail DOT com / @nthmost on Twitter.
OpenStreetMap - Google Maps
2 blocks South of 16th & Mission BART
What to know about coming to Noisebridge: Access policy.
Please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
E - Every week.
1st 2nd 3rd 4th - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
S - Streaming with chat for remote attendees via Jitsi or Discord or both. Event hosts can find streaming instructions in the event how-to.
- E 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm Noisebridge is open!
- E 6:30 pm Circuit Hacking Monday -- learn electronics, and how to solder
- E S 7:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it! You can also join online via Jitsi.
- E 6:00-7:00 pm Sewing Project Night - Sewing project meetup with free starter fabrics where you can learn how to use our sewing station.
- E S 7:00 pm Machine Learning AI and RL Meetup at Noisebridge until 9!
- E S 8:00 - 11:00 pm Gamebridge game development mentoring & coworking meetup for gamedev beginners and indies alike.
- E S 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm To-do-ocracy Thursdays, where we come together to work on our task list.
- E S 6:00 pm NeurotechX SF hacknights for mind-machine interfacing with EEGs.
- 3rd S 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- E TRASH NIGHT - Please take out all three large trash bins!! They are behind the front stairs.
- E 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm Open Open for FreeCodeCamp with Paul_H as host
- E 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Open Open for Chess Meetup!
- E 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm: Open We are open Friday evenings!
- E 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm Noisebridge is open! Come hack and we may stay open later
- E 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Noisebridge is open!
- -3rd 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm TOOOL-SF locksport meetup of The SF Chapter of the Open Organisation Of Lockpickers.
- -2nd S 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm BAHA: Bay Area Hackers' Association Security Hacking Meeting 2nd Sundays at 272 and via Jitsi
- Global Game Jam 2022: Jan 20 - Jan 30 Noisebridge hosts the annual Global Gam Jam in which we make games based on a surprise theme!
You don't need to be a member to participate in a class or workshop at Noisebridge!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, here are some Hosting an Event tips.
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser.
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Identity: A collection of resources revolving around our identity and logo.
The Neighborhood: What's in the neighborhood around 2169 Mission
Hosting an Event at Noisebridge: Suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Get in Touch
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of upcoming events
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Call the red payphone - This option is temporarily unavailable
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
- Here is our mailing address (different from our physical address):
2261 Market Street #235-A
San Francisco, CA 94114
- Or just drop by the space. We're open 24/7. New visitors should read up on getting in. all ages, all skill levels:
2169 Mission St, 3rd floor
San Francisco, CA 94110
Noisebridge is up, but still undergoing repairs, updates, retrofits, etc.
We began building Noisebridge in February 2007. Since December 2007 we've had regular Tuesday meetings, and rented our first physical space as of October 1st 2008. We quickly outgrew our first space and have been at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location since October 1st 2009. We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization as of July 2009, retroactive to October 2008.