Difference between revisions of "Noisebridge"
m (cleaning up hidden note)
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
Notethe Events Calendar is not written here. Instead, it is written on Category:Events and transcluded here. 2 pages.
Write your event on https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Events
Write your event on https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Events
Revision as of 23:20, 23 September 2009
Noisebridge is an infrastructure provider for technical-creative projects, collaboratively run by its members. We are incorporated as a non-profit educational corporation for public benefit. Read more about Noisebridge...
PRESS: Please see our Press Kit (includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc)
NEWS: 2169 Mission Open For Hacking!
We've found a new space only two blocks away from our current space! See 2169 Mission, San Francisco for details. Would you like to help us build it out? Check the buildout page or aid by making a donation.
If you have a key for our old space at 83C, you can use it to get into 2169 Mission right now! Be warned that there is still construction going on, but you can help out with that to make it go away faster.
Not all events make it onto this calendar. And some of the listings here may be out of date.
Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC, our Noisebridge Meetup page <https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge>, or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff. DO pay attention, as some eventSs just arise organically from the bottom up!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Resources For Hosting Events
Upcoming Events edit
- Friday, Aug 28, 2020: WORK DAY -- Move Big Stuff on to a truck. Show up as early as 11AM. Note that there are 2 flights of stairs and the air quality in the Mission is presently no bueno. Coordinator: Nthmost.
- Saturday, Aug 29, 2020: WORK DAY -- Pack. Show up as early as 11AM. Coordinator: Tyler.
- Sunday, Aug 30, 2020: WORK DAY -- MOVE. We have a truck showing up around noon. Show up as early as 11AM. Coordinator: Nthmost.
- Monday, Aug 31, 2020: Circuit Packing Monday -- Help pack up and move the Electronics! Coordinator: Robert Roboto.
Recurring Events edit
== --COVID-19 UPDATE-- ==
Noisebridge is closed right now (for saftey, following the Governer's order) but many classes are still happening online! Come check out the new discuss forum and connect with us to check out cool new classes
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E Take Out the Trash Night - Be sure to put bins out by midnight as the trash truck comes between 1:30 to 2:30am.
- 3rd Mondays is the original Circuit Hacking Mondays. Learn to solder! And make cool things with electronics. People can bring kits-for-purchase to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them! Many designed for absolute beginners! Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All ages. All are welcome! See the Discuss list and the Announce list for weekly updates.
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Monday session is held in Church Classroom.
- E 8:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it!
3:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Whiteboarding & Algorithms Workshop - Wednesday Edition - Let's practice whiteboarding, algorithms, and other interviewing techniques together!! =D This event will be in the Hackitorium!! ^_^ (This is also a support group for job
- E 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Dream Team Neuro Hackery (in an abundance of coronavirus caution - on Hiatus until Further Notice) - EEG research & development project with general interest in sleep, dreaming, creative intelligence, and many loosely related topics such as: neurophysiology, signal processing, cognitive neuroscience, and (especially) hacking code and devices for data acquisition and analysis. Join us at the CollaborationStation (near the Hackatorium). Expect general discussion around 8 PM - usually moving along by 9 PM to focus on more technical aspects of current project.
8:00 pm to 11:00 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Digital Art Wednesdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share 2D/3D art. We will explore a variety of tools and techniques for digital visual art creation. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (@ the Noise Square Table).
- E Trash Night -- Round Two - Take out the trash for Friday morning! Do it by midnight as truck comes ~1:30am to 2:30am.
- 3rdE 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM -- Queer Game Dev Meetup (QGDM) in the Noisebridge HackItorium -- Come check out the next Queer Game Dev Meetup, in the Mission District in San Francisco. Here you will find other queer game devs, game-making enthusiasts, and be a part of an inclusive community that welcomes everyone who is interested in creating games. With language support in English, Español, and Português!
- E 7:00 pm to 8:00 am Hacknights happens every friday rain or shine, its the magical night when Noisebridge is open to the public ALL NIGHT LONG!! Meet in Hackitorium RSVP by following this link https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/254878863/
- E 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Technology & Computerology & Systemology --- Technology: The study of creating, use, evolution and history of things. Computerology: The study of computers, or any kind of work with computers; computing. Systemology: The study and evolution of systems.
- E 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm FUN Tutoring in Church or CollaborationStation
- E From Hack to Cash!
7pm - 8:15pm Sunday
Monetizing and crowdfunding your next project!
Taught by Kobby, a successful CEO and electronics hobbyiest who raised >$130K via kickstarter.
More info here.
Vision: Our vision - what our space is all about!
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Infrastructure: Stuff we provide -- servers, bulk parts orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser, project spaces, specialized tools.
Library: Information pertaining to projects we're working on.
Concepts: A place to share your project ideas and to find like-minds.
Donate or Pay Dues: Here is where you can see how easy it is to Donate to Noisebridge or to pay your monthly Membership Dues.
Identity: Logos, stickers, t-shirts and stuff.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Board and Officers: Information about our formal organization.
Meetings every Tuesday at 8 PM US/Pacific at 2169 Mission St., San Francisco This meeting is for members and non-members alike, everyone is welcome. Agenda items tend to typically include introductions, updates on projects happening in the space and upcoming events. Meetings normally end with general socializing and in depth discussion of any topics brought up earlier. We try to keep the formal part under 1 hour and socialize the rest of the evening.
Get in Touch
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of upcoming events
- Facebook group
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
Or just drop by the space. We're here almost all the time, although evenings are best.
Noisebridge is up! We began building Noisebridge in Feb 2007. Since December 2007 we've had regular Tuesday meetings, and as of October 1st 2008, we have a physical space. We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization as of July 2009, retroactive October 2008.