Noisebridge is an infrastructure provider for technical-creative projects, collaboratively run by its members. We are incorporated as a non-profit educational corporation for public benefit. We operate primarily in a 5,600 square-foot space located in the heart of San Francisco. We teach, we learn, we share.
Read more about Noisebridge or watch a short video...
|We're located at:
OpenStreetMap - Google Maps
2 blocks South of 16th & Mission BART
Create With Us
Our 5,600 square-foot space contains an electronics lab, machine shop, sewing/crafting supplies, two classrooms, conference area, library, darkroom, and kitchen. Everyone is welcome to use our many resources. Find others to create with. Find help with your projects. Help others with their projects. Learn, teach, share. Come to Noisebridge and create!
Noisebridge's hours are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. New visitors are welcome any time, but it's best to visit in the evenings or during an event to make sure we have a volunteer to show you around and make introductions.
Events and Classes
E - Every week.
1st 2nd 3rd 4th - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
S - Streaming with chat for remote attendees via Jitsi or Discord or both. Event hosts can find streaming instructions in the event how-to.
- E 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Noisebridge is open!
(We need someone to commit to opening/closing on Monday!)
- E 6:30 pm Circuit Hacking Monday -- learn electronics, and how to solder
- E S 7:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it! You can also join online via Jitsi.
- E S 7:00 pm Machine Learning AI and RL Meetup at Noisebridge until 9!
- E S 8:80 - 11:00 pm Gamebridge game development mentoring & coworking meetup for gamedev beginners and indies alike.
- E S 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm Do-ocratic Thursdays, where we come together to work on our task list found [here](https://github.com/noisebridge/buildout-capp/projects/1).
- E S 6:00 pm NeurotechX SF hacknights, check on NeuroTechSF meetup, https://www.meetup.com/NeuroTechSF/
- 3rd S 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- E TRASH NIGHT - Please take out all three large trash bins!! They are behind the front stairs.
- E 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm Open Open for FreeCodeCamp with Paul_H as host
- E 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Open Open for Chess Meetup!
- E 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm: Open We are open Friday evenings!
- E 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm Noisebridge is open! Come hack and we may stay open later
- August 14, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Art opening party for sailorhg's beautiful circuit hacking mural! There will be cookies shaped like electronic components! Mural is upstairs; eating and drinking on first floor outdoors only.
- August 21, 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm HackComedy! Comedy night run by Victor! Donations welcome! Details to come.
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to wide subject of hacking. Most of all we like seeing familiar faces, please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally here are some Hosting an Event tips.
Getting Here: How to get from your location to our location.
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Guidelines: History shows that the space runs more smoothly if visitors do (and don't do) certain things. This is a list of them.
The Neighborhood: Nearby restaurants and other businesses.
Vision: Our vision - what our space is all about!
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser...
Library: Information pertaining to projects we're working on.
Lost & Found: View items in the Lost & Found bin or post what you are missing.
Concepts: A place to share your project ideas and to find like-minds.
Donate or Pay Dues: Here is where you can see how easy it is to Donate to Noisebridge or to pay your monthly Membership Dues.
House Keeping: Information on Housekeeping.
Identity: Logos, stickers, t-shirts and stuff.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Board and Officers: Information about our formal organization.
Meetings every Tuesday at 8 PM US/Pacific at 2169 Mission St., San Francisco This meeting is for members and non-members alike, everyone is welcome. Agenda items tend to typically include introductions, updates on projects happening in the space and upcoming events. Meetings normally end with general socializing and in depth discussion of any topics brought up earlier. We try to keep the formal part under 1 hour and socialize the rest of the evening. Use the Meeting Notes Template to create a new agenda for next week.
- Prev: Meeting Notes 2011 07 27
- Next: Meeting Notes 2011 08 02
- ... (more in the Meeting Notes Archive)
Get in Touch
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of upcoming events
- Facebook group
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Call the red payphone +1 415 494 2858 —
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
Or just drop by the space. We're here almost all the time, although evenings are best.
Noisebridge is a non-profit 501(c)(3) educational membership organization, incorporated in the state of California.
Noisebridge's EIN is 26-3507741.
Scans of our complete 501(c)(3) application are available for download.
Please feel free to use them and hack them for your group's 501(c)(3) application.
Our bylaws are also freely accesssible to all.
i3 Detroit is a hackerspace that is filing for 501(c)(3) status. They have a very nice tutorial on the 501(c)(3) process:
Noisebridge is up! We began building Noisebridge in February 2007. Since December 2007 we've had regular Tuesday meetings, and rented our first physical space as of October 1st 2008. We quickly outgrew our first space and have been at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location since October 1st 2009. We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization as of July 2009, retroactive to October 2008....