Noisebridge is an infrastructure provider for technical-creative projects, collaboratively run by its members. We are incorporated as a non-profit educational corporation for public benefit. We operate primarily in a 5,600 square-foot space located in the heart of San Francisco. We teach, we learn, we share.
Read more about Noisebridge or watch a short video...
|We're located at:
OpenStreetMap - Google Maps
2 blocks South of 16th & Mission BART
Create With Us
Our 5,600 square-foot space contains an electronics lab, machine shop, sewing/crafting supplies, two classrooms, conference area, library, darkroom, and kitchen. Everyone is welcome to use our many resources. Find others to create with. Find help with your projects. Help others with their projects. Learn, teach, share. Come to Noisebridge and create!
Noisebridge's hours are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. New visitors are welcome any time, but it's best to visit in the evenings or during an event to make sure we have a volunteer to show you around and make introductions.
Events and Classes
Not all events make it onto this calendar. And some of the listings here may be out of date.
Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC, our Noisebridge Meetup page <https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge>, or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff. DO pay attention, as some eventSs just arise organically from the bottom up!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Resources For Hosting Events
Upcoming Events edit
Recurring Events edit
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E Take Out the Trash Night - Be sure to put bins out by midnight as the trash truck comes between 1:30 to 2:30am.
- 2nd 6:00pm to 8:00 pm Make:SF Project Build Hello Makers, We continue our maker journey and our December MeetUp will be at the historic NoiseBridge! We'll have our usual selection of projects. Each one is merely $10, and you take it home with you after you build it with our gear. December we have an additional food project. If you have your own project or idea, bring it! First timers and skilled makers come to this meetup and its always fun and informative. RSVP to our Meetup page and I will connect you with the info on how you too can be excellent at NoiseBridge.  Mondays are very busy at NoiseBridge. We predict you will return to NoiseBridge soon for their classes. Diana 271-4286.
- 3rd Mondays is the original Circuit Hacking Mondays. Learn to solder! And make cool things with electronics. People can bring kits-for-purchase to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them! Many designed for absolute beginners! Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All ages. All are welcome! See the Discuss list and the Announce list for weekly updates.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Monday session is held in Church Classroom.
- E 8:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it!
- E 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Whiteboarding & Algorithms Workshop - Wednesday Edition - Let's practice whiteboarding, algorithms, and other interviewing techniques together!! =D This event will be in the Hackitorium!! ^_^ (This is also a support group for job
- E 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Dream Team Neuro Hackery (in an abundance of coronavirus caution - on Hiatus until Further Notice) - EEG research & development project with general interest in sleep, dreaming, creative intelligence, and many loosely related topics such as: neurophysiology, signal processing, cognitive neuroscience, and (especially) hacking code and devices for data acquisition and analysis. Join us at the CollaborationStation (near the Hackatorium). Expect general discussion around 8 PM - usually moving along by 9 PM to focus on more technical aspects of current project.
- E 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Digital Art Wednesdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share 2D/3D art. We will explore a variety of tools and techniques for digital visual art creation. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (@ the Noise Square Table).
- E Trash Night -- Round Two - Take out the trash for Friday morning! Do it by midnight as truck comes ~1:30am to 2:30am.
- 3rdE 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- lastE 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM -- Queer Game Dev Meetup (QGDM) in the Noisebridge HackItorium -- Come check out the next Queer Game Dev Meetup, in the Mission District in San Francisco. Here you will find other queer game devs, game-making enthusiasts, and be a part of an inclusive community that welcomes everyone who is interested in creating games. With language support in English, Español, and Português!
- E 7:00 pm to 8:00 am Hacknights happens every friday rain or shine, its the magical night when Noisebridge is open to the public ALL NIGHT LONG!! Meet in Hackitorium RSVP by following this link https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/254878863/
- E 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Technology & Computerology & Systemology --- Technology: The study of creating, use, evolution and history of things. Computerology: The study of computers, or any kind of work with computers; computing. Systemology: The study and evolution of systems.
- E 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm FUN Tutoring in Church or CollaborationStation
- E 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Game Dev Thursdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share C# Unity coding, 2D/3D design, and writing. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (Church classroom).
- 3rd (paused for now but starting back up after Noisebridge moves, then running until October 26, 2019)E 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM -- Saturday Afternoon Figure Drawing! -- Come draw with us! Sketchboard Community is an affordable figure drawing meetup, hosted at various venues that support artists with live music and some art supplies provided! 1 model, long poses, with a few gesture poses in the first hour. Noisebridge aim to provide a space for people to hack, create, learn, and explore in a safe, welcoming, and accessible environment. Entry is a $5-25 sliding scale donation and go towards paying models, musicians, organizers & the venues. If you can't pay $, please help volunteer, promote, or bring friends so we can keep the event affordable & accessible! You can also sign up to volunteer via eventbrite. All mediums are welcomed, but please being a tarp is you plan on using oil or any water soluble medium or graphite. We provide some art supplies, easels, and tables for your use. This is a supportive, body-positive, creative space for people of all ages, identities, and experience levels. Any questions, please ask Brittany or Natalie: email@example.com
- E 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Sunday Morning iOS Peer Lab Meetup - iOS Meetup for people want to hack together. Feel free to do whatever you want: work on your project, ask and teach each other, have a chat with folks. Please check out iOS Peer Lab Meetup page for upcoming schedule. https://www.meetup.com/iOS-peer-lab/
- E 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm (times are still experimental until we find out what users like) - Whiteboarding & Algorithms Workshop - Weekend Edition - Let's practice whiteboarding, algorithms, and other interviewing techniques together!! =D This is a more structured version than the Wednesday version. Hosted by Bernice & Ishan. This event will be in the Hackitorium!! ^_^ (This is also a support group for job-hunters.)
- alternating weekly 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm -- 101 Intro to Ableton Live in the Hackitorium. Anyone with an interest in making music on their computer is welcome to participate. All welcome, no experience necessary.
- alternating monthly 1:00 pm Monthly Lock Sport Collaboration: Come learn how to pick locks and learn more about them with the SF Bay Area chapter of TOOOL. The group meets on alternating months at Noisebridge and in San Jose. Check the [httpsS://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tooolsf TOOOL SF announcement list] for details.
- alternating weekly 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm - audioChurch Potluck by Gnar Center - is a great 90 minutes in which to share your audio or video project! Instruments, Projects, Pre-recorded Music, Software and Hardware are fine! Bring a snack + project to share, or just hang out. See our meetup, facebook or official Event page for details
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to wide subject of hacking. Most of all we like seeing familiar faces, please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally here are some Hosting an Event tips.
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser.
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Get in Touch
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of upcoming events
- Facebook group
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Call the red payphone +1 415 494 2858
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
Or just drop by the space. We're here almost all the time, although evenings are best.
Noisebridge is up! We began building Noisebridge in February 2007. Since December 2007 we've had regular Tuesday meetings, and rented our first physical space as of October 1st 2008. We quickly outgrew our first space and have been at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location since October 1st 2009. We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization as of July 2009, retroactive to October 2008.