|We Are Noisebridge|
Noisebridge is an infrastructure provider for technical-creative projects, collaboratively run by its members. We are incorporated as a non-profit educational corporation for public benefit. We operate primarily in a 5,600 square-foot space located in the heart of San Francisco. We teach, we learn, we share. Read more about Noisebridge or watch a short video...
|We're located at:
OpenStreetMap - Google Maps
2 blocks South of 16th & Mission BART
|Create With Us!|
Our 5,200 square-foot space contains an electronics lab, machine shop, sewing/crafting supplies, two classrooms, conference area, library, darkroom, and kitchen. Everyone is welcome to use our many resources. Find others to create with. Find help with your projects. Help others with their projects. Learn, teach, share. Come to Noisebridge and create!
Noisebridge's hours are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. New visitors are welcome any time (all ages, all skill levels), but it's best to visit in the evenings or during an event to make sure we have a volunteer to show you around and make introductions.
Events and Classes
Not all events make it onto this calendar. Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff. DO pay attention, as some events just arise organically from the bottom up!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Upcoming Events edit
Saturday, June 13th, 2015, 12pm to 2pm: GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES @ Noisebridge -- Noisebands and vegan pancakes!
Bands: Angst Hase Pfeffer Nase (MA), Fluorescent Grey, Vox Voxel, Glochids, Achromaticist
Friday, June 26th, 2015, 7am to 6pm: American Library Association conference event: A Day At A Hackerspace (more details coming ...) This all-day event at Noisebridge is an official part of the American Library Association conference. About 40 librarians from all over the US will be at Noisebridge to learn more about hackerspaces and how forming one in their library can be beneficial for their community.
Monday, June 29th-30th, 2015, 12pm to 7pm: Unofficial American Library Association Unconference (This Unconference will focus on issues of privacy, access, and digital rights as they relate to libraries, and will feature speaker sessions, bootcamp technology trainings, and open forums for discussion.)
Saturday, July 11th, 2015, 12pm to 2pm: GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES @ Noisebridge -- Noisebands and vegan pancakes!
Bands: XOME (Sacramento), /the Nothing/ (Roseville), The Father's, Old Million Eye & Infinite Plastic Internal, The Blues
Recurring Events edit
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm Circuit Hacking Mondays - Learn to solder! And make cool things with electronics. Mitch, Rolf, Miloh, Cedric, Cheng, Greg, and/or a host of others will bring kits-for-purchase to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them! Many designed for absolute beginners! Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All ages. All are welcome! See the Discuss list and the Announce list for weekly updates.
- E 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm Front-end Web Development - No class 2015-05-25! Learn HTML/CSS/JS. A series of talks on different topics every week, taught in the Church classroom. Recap of last week's material starts at 7:30 pm. Join the WebDev list or the Announce list for updates.
- E Take Out the Trash Night -- Round One Be sure to put bins out by midnight as the trash truck comes between 1:30 to 2:30am.
- E 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Monday session is held in Turing Classroom.
- E 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Ruby and Rails class - Seminar and workshop for learning everything about Ruby, Rails, and web application development (Church classroom). See the Announce list for weekly updates.
- E 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Unity Game Dev Tuesdays - Beginner-friendly Unity C# game development class and game developer meetup, art design writing and audio all welcome! Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (Turing classroom). See the Announce list for weekly updates.
- E 7:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it!
- E 6:00 pm - 8:00pm SF-LUG Weekly Linux Discussion Group, held in the Turing classroom.
- E 7:00 pm Digital Archivists - Learn how to scan books and help build book scanners.
- 3rd alternating monthly 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm Next NB meetup 25th Feb, alternating monthly between SF and South Bay - Cyberspectrum: Software Defined Radio Meetup in Hackatorium (new): A place to learn and exchange ideas about SDR. Presentations on concepts, mystery signals, hardware/software and cool applications.
- 1st&3rd 7:30-10 in Church room. Bi-monthly presentation and discussion of art made with software/programming by fellow artist/technologist. Info here: With (software) art(); meetup. First meetup June 3! Art = Aletheia + Techne = Truth + Technical (craft). Please communicate with leader Jeffrey Greenberg in advance to present.
- E 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm Dream Team Neuro Hackery - EEG research & development project with general interest in sleep, dreaming, creative intelligence, and many loosely related topics such as: neurophysiology, signal processing, cognitive neuroscience, and (especially) hacking code and devices for data acquisition and analysis. Join us at the CollaborationStation (near the Hackatorium). Expect general discussion around 8 PM - usually moving along by 9 PM to focus on more technical aspects of current project.
- E Trash Night -- Round Two - Take out the trash for Friday morning! Do it by midnight as truck comes 1:30-2:30am.
- 3rd 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Friends of FreeBSD welcomes all skill levels to learn more about FreeBSD, to actually use and help promote the FreeBSD project, and to get involved in preventing this operating system from dying.
- 2nd4th 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm SF Bootstrappers Office Hours @ Noisebridge - Come to Noisebridge 2nd and 4th Thursdays 6:30 - 7:30 and get the kickstart you need to solve your most burning problem.This is a group for experts to help novices and novices to get the much needed advice they need on their projects
- E 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Thursday is held in Church Classroom.
- E -3rd 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm 3D Thursday Weekly meetup (non-3rd-thursdays) at Noisebridge focusing on 3D Printers, CNC machines, FabLabs, and replicating machines of all kinds.
- E 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm Front-end Web Development Lab - No lab 2015-05-21 or 2015-05-28! Understand by doing! A recap of Monday's lecture in workshop form - and a good time for one-on-one help with the material. Meets in Turing.
- 3rd 7:00 pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - lightning 5min talks every 3rd Thursday of the month
- 1st 3rd 5th 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Computerology in Turing or CollaborationStation, understanding and using computers
- 1st 3rd 5th 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm FUN Tutoring @ CollaborationStation
- E 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CPP Class discussion in Hackitorum/Fox Lounge/Church. Currently looking for folks wanting to help plan out lessons.
- E 12:30 pm - 7:30 pm Dungeons and Dragons in Church, currently looking for new players.
- alternating monthly 1:00 pm Monthly Lock Sport Collaboration: Come learn how to pick locks and learn more about them with the SF Bay Area chapter of TOOOL. The group meets on alternating months at Noisebridge and in San Jose. Check the TOOOL SF announcement list for details.
- 2nd 2:00 pm BAHA - Bay Area Hacker's Association - security meeting
- E 3:00 pm Go - Playing of the Go board game. On nice days we often take the boards to Dolores Park and play there.
- E 6:00 pm Plan 9 class (if not Noisebridge check Sycamore)
You don't need to be a member to take or give a class or workshop at Noisebridge. All are welcome!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to wide subject of hacking. Most of all we like seeing familiar faces, please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally here are some Hosting an Event tips.
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser.
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Identity: A collection of resources revolving around our identity and logo.
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Get in Touch
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of upcoming events
- Facebook group
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Call the red payphone +1 415 494 2858
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
- Here is our mailing address (different from our physical address):
2261 Market Street #235-A
San Francisco, CA 94114
- Or just drop by the space. We're open almost all the time (24/7), and everyone is welcome -- all ages, all skill levels:
2169 Mission St, 3rd floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Noisebridge is up! We began building Noisebridge in February 2007. Since December 2007 we've had regular Tuesday meetings, and rented our first physical space as of October 1st 2008. We quickly outgrew our first space and have been at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location since October 1st 2009. We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization as of July 2009, retroactive to October 2008.