|We are Noisebridge|
Noisebridge is an infrastructure provider for technical-creative projects, collaboratively run by its members. We are incorporated as a non-profit educational corporation for public benefit. We operate primarily in a 5,600 square-foot space located in the heart of San Francisco. We teach, we learn, we share. Read more about Noisebridge or watch a short video...
|We're located at:
OpenStreetMap - Google Maps
2 blocks South of 16th & Mission BART
|Create With Us!|
Our 5,200 square-foot space contains an electronics lab, machine shop, sewing/crafting supplies, two classrooms, conference area, library, darkroom, and kitchen. Everyone is welcome to use our many resources. Find others to create with. Find help with your projects. Help others with their projects. Learn, teach, share. Come to Noisebridge and create!
Noisebridge's hours are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. New visitors are welcome any time (all ages, all skill levels), but it's best to visit in the evenings or during an event to make sure we have a volunteer to show you around and make introductions.
Events and Classes
You don't need to be a member to take or give a class or workshop at Noisebridge. All are welcome! Please see our events hosting page for more details.
A subscribable calendar of events can be found here.
Key: W: Weekly 1st 2nd 3rd 4th: Certain weeks -2nd: Except certain weeks S: Streaming
- HackComedy May 14: Comedy night resuming a monthly schedule after re-debuting at NB14.
- Resident Electronic Music May 10 8pm: Resident Electronic Music Monthly. an electronic music open mic.
- 5 Minutes of Fame: May 19, 6pm-9pm Talks at 7pm. 10 5 minute talks in an hour! Sign up to talk on the wiki.
- W 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm Noisebridge is open!
- W 6:30 pm Circuit Hacking Monday -- learn electronics, and how to solder
- W S 7:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - (In person & online) - Introducing new people and events to the space, adding new members / philanthropists, announcements, general discussion, and decision-making.
This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it! You can join the meeting remotely by clicking the online video link chat via Jitsi (similar to Zoom).
- June 21, 3:30pm - 4:30pm 80 engineering students from Barcelona are coming for a tour! (Lizzard to host)
- W S 7:00 pm Machine Learning AI and RL Meetup at Noisebridge until 9!
- W S 8:00 - 11:00 pm Gamebridge game development mentoring & coworking meetup for gamedev beginners and indies alike.
- W S 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm To-do-ocracy Thursdays, where work together on our task list.
- W S 6:00 pm NeurotechX SF hacknights for mind-machine interfacing with EEGs.
- 3rd S 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- W 7:00pm-8:30pm BookBridge! - Informal book club, no assigned reading. Talk about books. Meetup.
- W TRASH NIGHT - Please take out all three large trash bins!! They are behind the front stairs.
- W 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm Open Open for FreeCodeCamp with Paul_H as host
- W 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Open Open for Chess Meetup!
- W 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm: Open We are open Friday evenings!
- W 6:00-7:00 pm Sewing Project Night - Sewing project meetup with free starter fabrics where you can learn how to use our sewing station.
- W 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm Noisebridge is open! Come hack and we may stay open later
- W 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm Let'sMakeStuff: Engineers+Designers+Artist+Make (Meetup Page)
- W 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Hack on Noisebridge!
- W 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Noisebridge is open!
- 2nd 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Fabrication 101 2nd Shop Sundays class on safety and basic techniques
- 3rd March 20, April 17, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm TOOOL-SF locksport meetup of The SF Chapter of the Open Organisation Of Lockpickers.
- 2nd S April 10, May 8, June 12, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm BAHA: Bay Area Hackers' Association Security Hacking Meeting 2nd Sundays at 272 and via Jitsi
Other Bay Area Consortium of Hackerspaces Events
- Circuit Launch: 3rd Friday 5:30pm-8:30pm Robot Build Night & Fixit Clinic
- SudoRoom: Hardware Hacking Tuesdays 6:30pm
You don't need to be a member to take or give a class or workshop at Noisebridge. All are welcome!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to wide subject of hacking. Most of all we like seeing familiar faces, please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally here are some Hosting an Event tips.
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser.
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Identity: A collection of resources revolving around our identity and logo.
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Get in Touch
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of upcoming events
- Facebook group
- Zine - ZiP (Zine in Progress), a new Noisebridge publication in development as of Dec. 2011. Planning sessions held every Thursday at 9pm in the Noisebridge "Hackitorium." Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Call the red payphone - This option is temporarily unavailable
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
- Here is our mailing address (different from our physical address):
2261 Market Street #235-A
San Francisco, CA 94114
- Or just drop by the space. We're open almost all the time (24/7), and everyone is welcome -- all ages, all skill levels:
2169 Mission St, 3rd floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
- Here is a digital blueprint of the Noisebridge space as of the end of December, 2011.
Noisebridge is up! We began building Noisebridge in February 2007. Since December 2007 we've had regular Tuesday meetings, and rented our first physical space as of October 1st 2008. We quickly outgrew our first space and have been at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location since October 1st 2009. We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization as of July 2009, retroactive to October 2008.