Noisebridge is a space for sharing, creation, collaboration, research, development, mentoring, and of course, learning. Come visit, work, and use our equipment free (but please donate when you can!)
Noisebridge is also more than a physical space; it's a community with roots extending around the world.
Noisebridge status: Closed except for scheduled events.
OpenStreetMap - Google Maps
2 blocks South of 16th & Mission BART
What to know about coming to Noisebridge: Access policy.
Please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Noisebridge is open!
(We need someone to commit to opening/closing on Monday!)
- E 6:30 pm Circuit Hacking Monday -- learn electronics, and how to solder
- E 7:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it! You can also join online via Jitsi.
- (Looking for a Wednesday host!)
- E 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm Space is open!
- E 6:00 pm NeurotechX SF hacknights, check on NeuroTechSF meetup, https://www.meetup.com/NeuroTechSF/
- 3rdE 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- TRASH NIGHT - Please take out all three large [trash] bins!! They are behind the front stairs.
- E 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm Open Open for FreeCodeCamp with Paul_H as host
- * E 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Open Open for Chess Meetup!
- * E 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm: Open We are open Friday evenings!
- E 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm Noisebridge is open! Come hack and we may stay open later
- August 14, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Art opening party for sailorhg's beautiful circuit hacking mural! There will be cookies shaped like electronic components! Mural is upstairs; eating and drinking on first floor outdoors only.
- August 21, 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm HackComedy! Comedy night run by Victor! Donations welcome! Details to come.
You don't need to be a member to participate in a class or workshop at Noisebridge!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, here are some Hosting an Event tips.
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser.
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Identity: A collection of resources revolving around our identity and logo.
The Neighborhood: What's in the neighborhood around 2169 Mission
Hosting an Event at Noisebridge: Suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Get in Touch
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of upcoming events
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Call the red payphone - This option is temporarily unavailable
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
- Here is our mailing address (different from our physical address):
2261 Market Street #235-A
San Francisco, CA 94114
- Or just drop by the space. We're open 24/7. New visitors should read up on getting in. all ages, all skill levels:
2169 Mission St, 3rd floor
San Francisco, CA 94110
Noisebridge is up and running, and has finally reached the culmination of all our repairs, updates, retrofits, etc!
We began building Noisebridge in February 2007. Since December 2007 we've had regular Tuesday meetings, and rented our first physical space as of October 1st 2008. We quickly outgrew our first space and have been at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location since October 1st 2009. We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization as of July 2009, retroactive to October 2008.