Noisebridge is an infrastructure provider for technical-creative projects, collaboratively run by its members. We are incorporated as a non-profit educational corporation for public benefit. Read more about Noisebridge...
NEWS: 2169 Mission Open For Hacking!
We've found a new space only two blocks away from our current space! See 2169 Mission, San Francisco for details. Would you like to help us build it out? Check the buildout page or aid by making a donation.
As of 9/1/2009, basic hacking support services are up at 2169 Mission:
- Internets (SSID: "2169 Mission")
- Projector and screen
If you have a key for our old space at 83C, you can use it to get into 2169 Mission right now! Be warned that there is still construction going on, but you can help out with that to make it go away faster.
Upcoming Planned Events
- Thursday, September 17th, 6pm - Mesh wireless meetup
- Thursday, September 17th, 8pm - Five Minutes of Fame (Will be held at 2169 Mission)
- October 1 - Category Theory seminar.
- October 1-4 - Arse Elektronika: Of Intercourse and Intracourse
- October 9 Fundraising Party
- 8p Machine Learning - Teach computers to learn stuff using artificial intelligence and other techniques. (We're meeting at 2169 Mission, enduring the dust and noise!)
- 8p Games - Play games with geeks.
- 8p ASL Group - Learn how to talk without using your voice (or just come chat in ASL). click to reschedule
- 8p Five Minutes of Fame - Monthly set of lightning talks on diverse topics (third Thursday of each month)
Vision: Our vision - what our space is all about!
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Infrastructure: Stuff we provide -- servers, bulk parts orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser, project spaces, specialized tools.
Library: Information pertaining to projects we're working on.
Concepts: A place to share your project ideas and to find like-minds.
Donate or Pay Dues: Here is where you can see how easy it is to Donate to Noisebridge or to pay your monthly Membership Dues.
Identity: Logos, stickers, t-shirts and stuff.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Board and Officers: Information about our formal organization.
Meetings every Tuesday at 8 PM US/Pacific at 2169 Mission St., San Francisco This meeting is for members and non-members alike, everyone is welcome. Agenda items tend to typically include introductions, updates on projects happening in the space and upcoming events. Meetings normally end with general socializing and in depth discussion of any topics brought up earlier.
- Prev: 2009-09-15 - work party at 2169 Mission St!
- Next: 2009-09-22
- ... (more in the Meeting Notes Archive)
Get in Touch
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Mailinglist - Best way to keep informed of upcoming events
- Facebook group
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
Or just drop by the space. We're here almost all the time, although evenings are best.
Noisebridge is up! We began building Noisebridge in Feb 2007. Since December 2007 we've had regular Tuesday meetings, and as of October 1st 2008, we have a physical space. We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization as of July 2009, retroactive October 2008.