Noisebridge is a space for sharing, creation, collaboration, research, development, mentoring, and of course, learning. Come visit, work, and use our equipment free (but please donate when you can!)
Noisebridge is also more than a physical space; it's a community with roots extending around the world.
OpenStreetMap - Google Maps
2 blocks South of 16th & Mission BART
Noisebridge is open again!
We are open whenever somebody is around. However, somebody will definitely be there at these times:
- Tuesdays 6-10pm
- Thursdays 4-8pm
- Friday 12pm-12am
- Saturday 12-5pm
- Sunday 12-4pm
To add an event here, please read and edit How to host an event!
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Noisebridge is open!
(We need someone to commit to opening/closing on Monday!)
- E 6:30 pm Circuit Hacking Monday -- learn electronics, and how to solder
- E 7:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it! You can also join online via Jitsi.
- (Looking for a Wednesday host!)
- E 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm Space is open!
- E 6:00 pm NeurotechX SF hacknights, check on NeuroTechSF meetup, https://www.meetup.com/NeuroTechSF/
- 3rdE 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- TRASH NIGHT - Please take out all three large [trash] bins!! They are behind the front stairs.
- E 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm Open Open for FreeCodeCamp with Paul_H as host
- * E 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Open Open for Chess Meetup!
- * E 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm: Open We are open Friday evenings!
- E 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm Noisebridge is open! Come hack and we may stay open later
- August 14, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Art opening party for sailorhg's beautiful circuit hacking mural! There will be cookies shaped like electronic components! Mural is upstairs; eating and drinking on first floor outdoors only.
- August 21, 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm HackComedy! Comedy night run by Victor! Donations welcome! Details to come.
Anyone can participate in a class or workshop at Noisebridge! No membership or payment is required!
Intro Poster: How we explain ourselves to new visitors.
Resources: Stuff in the space -- computer network & servers, project areas, tools, bulk orders from Digikey/McMaster/Mouser.
The Noisebridge Manual: A compendium of wiki knowledge detailing how Noisebridge works.
Safety in the Space: What to do in case of an emergency.
Press Coverage: mentions of Noisebridge in the media (both blog and dead tree).
Identity: A collection of resources revolving around our identity and logo.
The Neighborhood: What's in the neighborhood around 272 Capp Street
Hosting an Event at Noisebridge: Suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Hackerspace Infos: Howtos, Background, and friendly Hackerspaces elsewhere.
Get in Touch
- Discuss - General forum of Noisebridge; anyone can post!
- Discord - Chat with us on Discord!
- Press: Please see our Press Kit - Includes press contacts, pictures, background info, etc.
- Contacts - General contact details for the space
- Meetup - best up to date events list and good way to contact event hosts.
- IRC channel - irc://chat.freenode.net/#noisebridge
- Legal Requests (information removal, etc)
- Here is our mailing address (different from our physical address):
2261 Market Street #235-A
San Francisco, CA 94114
272 Capp St,
San Francisco, CA 94110
Noisebridge grew out of Chaos Communications Camp in August, 2007. We have had regular weekly Tuesday meetings since September 2007. We rented our first physical space on September 1st 2008, which we quickly outgrew, and were at our much larger 5,200 square-foot second location at 2169 Mission from September 1st 2009 to mid-2020; now at 272 Capp St. just behind the old Mission St. location. Noisebridge was granted tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status in July 2009, retroactive to October 2008.