Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball
|Noisebridge | About | Manual | Resources | Guilds | Events | Five Minutes of Fame | Meetings | Donate | Edit|
|About | Vision | Materials | Testimonials | Lore | Photos | Hackerspaces | 501c3 | Press | Press Kit | Help | Edit|
|Lore | Oral histories | Anarchy | 83c | 2169 | NB5 | Rebase | Reboot | NB10 | 272 | Edit|
Noisebridge's 10th anniversary party.
2017 SEPTEMBER 9-10 - Noisebridge EXHIBITION WEEKEND 2017 SEPTEMBER 9 21:00 - Noisebridge TIME TRAVEL BALL and FUNDRAISER 2017 SEPTEMBER 12 20:00 - Noisebridge LIVE DISCUSSION: WITH A SUPER SPECIAL GUEST
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR CELEBRATING WITH US AND MAKING OUR EXHIBITION AND BALL WEEKEND A ROUSING AND FUN SUCCESS!
Photos of the event are located at:
- (Short videos will be uploaded soon)
- more photos from Mitch: https://www.flickr.com/photos/maltman23/albums/72157685327326210
Several of the events were streamed and recorded here are some of them:
- KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Mitch Altman - The importance of Noisebridge to the International Hackerspace Movement (Updated, full talk)
- Noisebridge Fireside Chat:
- 50 Years of Five Minutes of Fame:
- Videos of presentations are also at:
Noisebridge 10th Anniversary Exhibition and Ball Credits
The Noisebridge 10th Anniversary Exhibition and Ball would not have been possible without help from the following people: (If your name was missed, please add it)
- Chelsea Manning
Ball and Exhibtion Performers:
- Suyash Joshi
- Rich DDT
- Doctor Striker
Production team, Volunteers, and Presenters:
Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball (saved for future reference)
Noisebridge has existed as a community of hackers for 10 years and has been providing cyber infrastructure for 9 years! During that time we've been example of good (and not so good) ways to be a Hackerspace, but we keep learning and hacking on.
- To celebrate, we're going to have a EXHIBITION weekend packed with as much, of what we have learned and worked on together, as possible; and will accentuate it in the middle with a big TIME TRAVEL themed BALL and fundraiser.
- The Exhibition will be September 9th and 10th.
- The TIME TRAVEL BALL will be the evening of September 9th.
- Please see the Schedule below for details
You are invited!
- All events are open to the public and donation based (no one turned away for lack of funds). You are invited to attend this Exhibition and Ball and celebrate with us. We’ll be setting up Noisebridge Hackerspace to display projects, have panels and presentations, share our stories, host classes and workshops, play games, play music, and party.
You can participate!
- All are also encouraged to participate, educate, and volunteer to make this event even more special. Bring friends, bring your projects, bring your skills, bring your plans, bring ideas you want to share. Let us see what you have been working on. together, we will look into the past and toward the future.
- Please see the list of positions we are looking for help with. If you would like to help, contact Jarrod firstname.lastname@example.org
LIVE DISCUSSION WITH SUPER SPECIAL GUEST
We can't tell you who, since word would spread,and Noisebridge would be mobbed!
But, please come to Noisebridge on
Tuesday, September 12th, 8:00pm
when Mitch will lead an informal discussion with a super special guest!
This is one famous person who you definitely want to meet!
There will be time for Q&A.
NOTE: The special guest is not Steve Jobs, Michael Jackson, or Nancy Reagan
Please come early, since we can only admit the first 150 people.
- 1 THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR CELEBRATING WITH US AND MAKING OUR EXHIBITION AND BALL WEEKEND A ROUSING AND FUN SUCCESS!
- 2 Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball (saved for future reference)
- 3 The Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition Schedule
- 4 Noisebridge TIME TRAVEL Ball and Fundraiser
- 5 Volunteer Positions needed during the Exhibition and Ball
- 6 Exhibition Event Descriptions and Presenter Biographies
- 7 Projects Show and Tell during Exhibition days
- 8 NB10 Preparations Schedule and Task List
- 9 Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball Donors
- 10 Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball on the Internet and Media
The Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition Schedule
UPCOMING -- THIS TUESDAY:
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12th, 8:00pm
LIVE DISCUSSION WITH SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME GUEST!
Please come early, since we can only admit the first 150 people.
From this past weekend:
After 10 years, we had a few things we talked about! This is the schedule from this weekend's Exhibition and Ball.
|* Saturday September 9th
Noisebridge TIME TRAVEL Ball and Fundraiser
Our donation based TIME TRAVEL themed Ball (and fundraiser), starts on Saturday Night September 9th starting at 19:30.
Music and Visual Artists will be performing live at Noisebridge. VR projects and games will be demonstrated. Gnaraoke will be sung. Games will be played. Decorations will be decorative.
All are encouraged to come dressed as a Time Traveller. If you are a Time Traveller, you've probably already been to the party and hopefully you wore something festive.
If you would like to bring artwork, or an activity to the Ball please contact Jarrod - email@example.com to coordinate, or just surprise us.
Live Performances by:
Suyash Joshi aka Techillusionist - Technology and Magic combined and performed in new and exciting ways. Suyash Joshi is San Francisco based creative technologist who enjoys hacking on advance technology - IOT, VR, AR, Drones etc to create illusions and magical affects in his performances. He will be presenting a mix of old and new magic show for hackers and makers at the 10th ball evening.
LoveTech connects artists and communities around engaging experiences, leveraging fresh talent and cutting-edge innovation to expand the dimensions of human expression. We feature established artists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, as well as emerging artists exploring new spaces in interactive media. RICH DDT is a live electronic music producer/performer, interactive installation designer, and event organizer who is passionately repurposing the latest technology to create an awe-inspiring, open and supportive environment for human connection.
History notes only a handful of artists who successfully pushed the limits - both with their music and with the design of their musical instruments. What Bach was to the keyboard and Hendrix was to the guitar, Moldover is to the controller. Disillusioned with “press play DJs”, Moldover fans eagerly welcome electronic music’s return to virtuosity, improvisation, and emotional authenticity. Dig deeper into Moldover’s world and you’ll uncover a subversive cultural icon who is jolting new life into physical media with “Playable Packaging”, sparking beautiful collaborations with his custom “Jamboxes”, and drawing wave after wave of followers with an open-source approach to sharing his methods and madness.
Imagining a sonic world that diverged from our own in 1991, Doctor Striker shreds and roars over heavy beats, guitar riffs, bass lines, and synth hooks. He brings the classical and punk worlds together with training and discipline to electronic pop to create a political, personal and incisively optimistic brand of music.
Volunteer Positions needed during the Exhibition and Ball
Would you like to help with the event? Do you need help with a portion of the event? Drop in volunteers before and during the Exhibition are of course welcome, but if you would like to help in a larger more specific way, Please add yourself below if you like and let others know what you can help with or what you will need help with.
"Noisebridge is a space for sharing, creation, collaboration, research, development, mentoring, and of course, learning."
This page has more details about some of the events and presenters that will make up the Exhiition, if you would like to know more.
Please bring projects which you would like to show and share during the Exhibition days
We want to see what things people have been working on. We will have tables, and most any space in Noisebridge, setup for people to display their projects.
If you need special accommodations or setup and logistics help for your project please contact Jarrod an we'll see what we can work out.
Would you would like to help get the space cleaned up, upgraded, and ready for the Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball? Please see this page for a list of tasks that would be welcome do-ocratic fixes and upgrades to the space. Please add your own as needed.
Would you like to support the event with a donation?
We will need food, drinks, and other supplies. If we have a silent auction for fundraising, is there something you would like to offer? As we plan the Exhibition, we'll add more specific things that we will be looking for help and donations for here.
Here are various sites where this event is also being listed.