Noisebridge Space Program
Noisebridge will be moving in 2018. We'll need everybody's help to make it happen.
NEXT Noisebridge Space Program meeting: TBD
This is a set of pages meant to facilitate the discussion on moving Noisebridge to a new physical location. We should use this space to capture consensus as it occurs, and to draw all our planning tools together.
- 1 Current Fundraising Progress
- 2 The story so far, and how you can help
- 3 NEXT MEETING: TBD
- 4 New Space 2017 Meeting Notes
- 5 Identity
- 6 Fundraising
- 7 New Location
- 8 Current Location Status
- 9 Possible Partners
- 10 Overall Project management
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions, not addressed above
- 12 2009 Move page
Current Fundraising Progress
TBD - Progress bars?
The story so far, and how you can help
TBD - pending discussion of fundraising letter drafts
NEXT MEETING: TBD
Next meeting Agenda:
See https://pad.riseup.net/p/nb-new-space for notes and agenda
New Space 2017 Meeting Notes
- New space meeting 2017 12 16
- New space meeting 2017 12 09
- New space meeting 2017 12 02
- New space meeting 2017 11 18
- New space meeting 2017 11 11
If you would like to read the current version of the "Noisebridge Story" we have assembled for the Noisebridge Space Program please look at the locations below:
- Noisebridge story resources:
- Example fundraising letters and graphics
- Noisebridge Logos are located at Identity
Here is a list of our current fundraising sub-projects. If you would like to participate in any of them please come to the Noisebridge Space Program meeting, or contact the leads for the specific sub-project.
- Pineapple Fund
- Patrick, Darryl, Gavin
- A BTC fund worth $millions someone is giving away to non-profit groups
- San Francisco Community Land Trust
- A non-profit that buys properties for SF coop housing and non-profit groups
- San Francisco Nonprofit Sustainability Initiative
- Contact: none yet
- The Nonprofit Sustainability Initiative helps San Francisco’s nonprofits secure new, nonprofit-owned space and creates solutions for organizations seeking long-term leases.
- Project Name
- Description of sub-project
Potential Locations We are keeping track of locations that have come up in our searching here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GNvhF__W23G3EbT5Hoif1p4okErR0yYVAH-M7iuvI3Y/edit#gid=0
Here is the summary of the notable locations we have visited, specific details are on the Potential Locations spreadsheet:
If you have a building/space you would like to donate or know of a location that you think would work for Noisebridge. Please list it below and/or notify firstname.lastname@example.org or come to a Noisebridge Space Program meeting.
Current Location Status
Our lease ends on August 31st, 2018 at 17:00. We are open to negotiating with the Landlord but the Landlord is not interested at the moment.
Noisebridge is currently approximately 5,550 sq. ft.
Our current rent is: $4,356/month ~ $0.79/sq. ft. /month
- The Lab
- former TechShop members
Overall Project management
Important updates and information are being added to this wiki page. For a more active list of what is going on please see this trello board: