Frequently Asked Questions about tor.noisebridge.net
Are Noisetor donations tax deductible?
- Noisebridge is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Paypal receipts are generally considered sufficient documentation, and Noisebridge will gladly issue donation letters to donors upon request. Please consult your financial advisor for advice on your specific tax situation.
Where does the money go?
- Paypal takes a fee off the top -- it varies from 3% to 18% depending on funding source and size of donation.
- 5% of each donation is contributed to the Noisebridge general fund to help keep the hackerspace afloat.
- Noisebridge pays ISPs to host machines in data centers in the US. Charges include machine (or VM) rental, bandwidth, and power.
- All technical skills and administrative assistance are donated with no compensation. We are all volunteers here!
- If the project shuts down, all funds in excess of actual costs will be donated to the EFF.