|This article seems to be really old or very much out of date, and may contain wrong info.
Wiki-tip: You can check its history to see when it was last edited.
Noisetor has been down for a while now, and was running on autopilot for quite some time before it went down.
In April 2020 User:Elimisteve said he plans to restart the project: https://lists.noisebridge.net/pipermail/tor/2020-April/001133.html
Frequently Asked Questions about tor.noisebridge.net (last updated 2014)
Are Noisetor donations tax deductible?
- Noisebridge is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Paypal receipts are generally considered sufficient documentation, and Noisebridge will gladly issue donation letters to donors upon request. Please consult your financial advisor for advice on your specific tax situation.
Where does the money go?
- 8% of each donation is counted as overhead. This pays for Paypal fees (3% to 18% depending on donation amount and funding source) and the rest goes to the Noisebridge general fund to help keep the hackerspace afloat.
- Noisebridge pays ISPs to host machines in data centers in the US. Charges include machine (or VM) rental, bandwidth, and power.
- All technical skills and administrative assistance are donated with no compensation. We are all volunteers here!
- If the project shuts down, all funds in excess of actual payments to ISPs will be donated to the EFF.