|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | E|
|Manual | Visitors | Participation | Excellence | Do-ocracy | Consensus | Standards | Outreach | Operations | Cleaning | Edit | Cat|
|Participation | Joining | Maintainers Wanted | Meetings | Events | To-do-ocracy Thursdays | Edit|
|Joining | Philanthropist | Membership | FAQ | Opening | Closing | Lockers | Philanthropist/Pledge | Membership/Pledge | RFID Token | Special Access | Edit|
This is a checklist of procedures for opening 272 Capp St. See also Closing
Opening Checklist for 272
- Basically, key in and turn on the lights. 4 light switches on main floor, all along left wall.
- Open upstairs windows and turn on window fans
- Do a quick run through of space to ensure no "overnight visitors" are still "checked in".
While in the space
- Roll up door gate should be shut if you are the only hacker in the space or no hackers are perma-present in the front area of the first floor.
- It is cool to lift it slightly (a few inches) to help better ventilate the space.
- Keep exterior front door locked and gate locked, let others in who ring the gate buzzer.
Current Gate Status
The front "gate" is currently "locked" by 2 locks. (It is more just a simple deterrent to random street people). Soon this is expected to be replaced with an actual locking door that is being worked on currently.
- One black dial-style lock, the combo of which is 35 21 15
- One blue combo padlock, code is 1848 (there may also be a 3-digit lock, combination 848)
Eventually these should all be set to unlock with RFID or at least one standard key that members/Philanthropists have.
- Get the exterior front door key by learning about Closing the space and becoming a Philanthropist.
- Inner front and back doors can be unlocked by a third key which not many people have but we're about to change those locks to match the front door (July 15 2021)
- Turing room downstairs locks with an unknown key
- "Server room" in back downstairs locks with unknown key
- Electronics room upstairs locks with a key which is on a little shelf outside the room
The RFID box by the door: see the Shed page or talk with someone who knows about it (ask on slack)
To get in
Enter your pin, then touch the card to open the door
To give access
See the instructions for using Shed.
Update this page!
If you find this info is out of date, please change this page accordingly.