|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact Us | Guilds | Stuff | Events | Projects | NB14 | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | E|
|Manual | Visitors | Participation | Excellence | Do-ocracy | Consensus | Standards | Outreach | Operations | Cleaning | Edit | Cat|
|Participation | Joining | Maintainers Wanted | Meetings | Events | To-do-ocracy Thursdays | Edit|
Participating at Noisebridge can be simple: come and hack on something!
This can be your own project, or someone else project, or Noisebridge itself. Noisebridge is composed of many groups of people who share interests and resources. Groups tend to organize as guilds. Chances are that something you're interested in participating in at Noisebridge like an event you attend or a tool you want to use is maintained as part of guilds that you can get involved in.
If you'd like to hack on someone else's project, a good way to find out what people are hacking on at Noisebridge is to ask around, either in the space, in Slack, or the discuss mailing list. People will often post things on the discuss list requesting help, so keep an eye out!
Event Participation & Hosting
You can also come to events being hosted at Noisebridge, or host one of your own! Our list of events can be found here, and if you'd like to host one, we have a large lots of information on that here. Coming to an event is usually the best way to get introduced to Noisebridge, because a regular participant in the space will be able to guide you and tell you about how Noisebridge works.
- Excellence - Noisebridge's one rule is to be excellent to each other.
- Do-ocracy - If you want something done, do it and be excellent about it to achieve "small-c" consensus.
- Consensus - For major decisions, we discuss them at meetings till we agree by consensus.
- Consensus Process - Major decisions are made within the community by modifying proposals till nobody blocks
- Meetings - Noisebridge meets Tuesday evenings at 272 and on Jitsi for announcements, applications, proposals, and discussions.
Joining - How to become a philanthropist and member
- Philanthropist - Apply for philanthropy for 24 hour access by finding 1 member sponsor at meetings, donating and helping out
- Membership - Apply for membership to be able to sponsor philanthropists/members and block consensus items
- Opening and closing the space - Learn how to close up, a responsibility for anyone with 24 access
- Guilds - Groups that maintain resources and events at Noisebridge
- Volunteer - Maintainers wanted! Noisebridge has many great guilds, events and resources in need of volunteers like you.
- Hosting an Event - How to organize an event such as a meetup, class, hackathon, etc.