Policy/Past Meetings

From Noisebridge
< Policy(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(16 Feb 2012)
(16 Feb 2012)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
Location: Noisebridge, Turing Meeting Room
 
Location: Noisebridge, Turing Meeting Room
  
Attendees:  [[User:flamsmark|Tom]], [[User:Snail|Snail]], Mitch, Kelly, [[User:SuperQ|SuperQ]], [[User:Leif|Leif], Martin, Ron, David Schneider-Joseph, David Estes, Lots of people
+
Attendees:  [[User:flamsmark|Tom]], [[User:Snail|Snail]], Mitch, Kelly, [[User:SuperQ|SuperQ]], [[User:Leif|Leif]], Martin, Ron, David Schneider-Joseph, David Estes, Lots of people
  
 
This meeting was derailed into a social engineering hybrid meeting with Mitch ([https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2012-February/028457.html see noisebridge discuss]). The [[Keycode Access]] system was also discussed extensively. None of the agenda items were covered.
 
This meeting was derailed into a social engineering hybrid meeting with Mitch ([https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2012-February/028457.html see noisebridge discuss]). The [[Keycode Access]] system was also discussed extensively. None of the agenda items were covered.
Line 15: Line 15:
 
* Note any items of agreement.
 
* Note any items of agreement.
 
* Add any proposed consensus items to next week's meeting notes.
 
* Add any proposed consensus items to next week's meeting notes.
 
 
  
 
Agenda:
 
Agenda:

Revision as of 20:39, 26 February 2012

This page contains the agendas of past meetings of the Policy Wonks. Please do not edit this page unless you are adding the minutes of a meeting.

Contents

16 Feb 2012

16 Feb 2012, 1730h Location: Noisebridge, Turing Meeting Room

Attendees: Tom, Snail, Mitch, Kelly, SuperQ, Leif, Martin, Ron, David Schneider-Joseph, David Estes, Lots of people

This meeting was derailed into a social engineering hybrid meeting with Mitch (see noisebridge discuss). The Keycode Access system was also discussed extensively. None of the agenda items were covered.

Administriva:

  • Agree who is going to edit the wiki pages.
  • Copy this agenda to the etherpad for group contribution.
  • Agree on our next meeting time/place, post to the [Noisebridge#Upcoming_Events front page] and NB calendar, and invite policy@lists.
  • Note the attendees of this meeting.
  • Note any items of agreement.
  • Add any proposed consensus items to next week's meeting notes.

Agenda:

  • Kelly reports on CA public benefit law
  • Tom reports on minimization of the bylaws
    • Tom: proposal for ongoing Bylaws WG and system to maintain & update the bylaws
  • Discuss modifications to the by-laws
  • Discussion item: rulers versus rules. Is it un-Noisebridge to use community-agreed provisions to protect ourselves from bad behavior?
  • Potential consensus item: empower NB's denizens to do-ocratically kick people out, pending mediation.
  • Potential consensus proposal: it is not excellent to admit someone to Noisebridge unless you are willing to take responsibility for their actions here
    • Could be NB's consensus, could not: either way, may stoke thought about this during the meeting rather than in the nb-discuss echo-chamber
  • Potential consensus proposal: Noisebridge is a place for hacking

To-do:

11 Feb 2012

Location: Noisebridge, Time: 17:30

Agenda:

05 Feb 2012

Location: Noisebridge, 1445h Agenda:

  • review Utopian by-laws
  • discuss hiatus in light of NB's thoughts
  • discuss adopting against policy (a tiny manifesto) as policywonk's manifesto
  • make sure that NB knows about the wonks, especially where and when we meet
  • wiki templates for board elections & nominations
  • adjusting the meeting script
  • agree on our next meeting time/place, post to the front-page, and invite policy@lists

To-do:

02 Feb 2012

Location: Noisebridge 19:30 Dinner was had in advance. Tom & Kelly were present. Snail was unable to attend. Agenda:

  • discuss this week's meeting, & response to proposed revision
    • update the membership page to reflect NB's consensus
    • re-discuss hiatus in light of NB's thoughts
  • review Utopian by-laws
  • discuss adopting against policy (a tiny manifesto) as policywonk's manifesto
  • make sure that NB knows about the wonks, especially where and when we meet
  • wiki templates for board elections & nominations
  • adjusting the meeting script
  • agree on our next meeting time/place

To-do:

  • Kelly
    • email noisebridge-discuss about hiatus
    • locate the utopian NB bylaws, email to the wonks

18 Jan 2012

Location: Noisebridge Kelly attended remotely. Tom was late because he is a slacker. Snail is the perfect child. Agenda:

  • discuss last night's meeting's response to proposed membership revisions
  • discuss any other items that were referred to us at last night's meeting
  • plan revising the by-laws
  • agree on our next meeting time/place

To-do:

  • Kelly:
    • locate the utopian NB bylaws, email to the wonks
    • get original hiatus consensus from Mitch etc
  • Tom to follow up on mailing list creation

16 Jan 2012

Location: Phone Agenda:

  • membership expiry
  • comittee meta-conversation
  • planning by-laws revision

The inaugural meeting of the Policy Wonks resulted in a revised version of Membership, which will require several consensus items. To Do items:

Personal tools