This page collects trip reports to view possible Noisebridge spaces.
- SettingUpViewings: Pointers on how to set up your own space viewing, with frequently asked landlord questions.
- QuestionsForTheSpace: This is a list of questions we may want to ask about any space we want to inhabit.
Places to look include craigslist and Bill pointed out starboardnet.com hcmcommercial.com, loopnet.com, and sfarmls.com. Also look in windows of buildings as you pass by and take down "for rent" numbers. When you see a place that looks interesting, add it to the list of "places to set up viewings" below. If you have a minute and can schedule some time out of your day, pick up a place from the list and call the landlord to set up a viewing.
Here's a list in no particular order of the things we are looking for from a space. This describes an ideal space, not every space will be like this.
- 1200+ square feet
- 24-hour access (ideally our own secured entrance)
- No neighbor complaints for access, music work, or other noise
- Safe neighborhood (see murder map, for example)
- San Francisco
- Near public transportation
- reasonable power and ventilation
When writing up a report of a space you've viewed, please include a section with a quantification of the above desirable features, either as a "yes or no" or on a scale of 1 to 10, like so:
- Size: 8 (2000 square feet)
- Private Entance: No
- 24/7 Access: Yes
- Privacy / Sound Isolation: 6 (single neighboring space, used days, shares *thin* interior walls)
- Safety of Neighborhood: 8
- Shower: No
- Bathroom: Yes
- Kitchen: No
- In San Francisco: Yes
- Transit Availability: 6 (short bus ride from BART)
- Power: 10 (in a PG&E Substation!)
- Connectivity: 8
17 January 2008:
We (Jake Appelbaum, Andy Isaacson, and David Molnar) went out to go look at an office space advertised on craigslist on Thursday that might be available for a permanent move-in soon. We actually ended up seeing two places. Here are some notes on the places plus pictures. These give some idea of what possible options are in addition to 40 Ringold. (Thanks again to Bill for letting us use 40 Ringold for meetings, etc. during this time!)
23 July 2008:
- Dimension 7 - 150 Folsom
29 July 2008:
- 880 Harrison @ 5th - 1803 sq. ft for ~$2500, http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/off/773536200.html (http://www.project880.com/suite_301.html); Contact: Craig Lipton 415-923-0916
- 185 Clara @ 5th - 1732 sq. ft for $2250, http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/off/773505313.html (http://www.project880.com/185clara.html)
25 September 2008:
- 83C Wiese @ 16th/Mission - 1000 sq. ft for ~$2000, http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/off/853914124.html
Places to Set Up Viewings
This is a list of places where we may want to set up a viewing. Please add and update status as needed. (24 Sept 08 -- I( Steen) deleted the listings that were gone from craigslist which is why this list is now so thin)
- 984 Folsom @ 6th - 1000sq -- http://monkeybrains.net/ -- MonkeyBrains.net World HeadQuarters
- 10th and Harrison - http://www.foundersrealty.com/cgi-local/viewer.cgi?action=display_rentals_detail&id=565
The next few have pix Rachel took on the way to & from work, mostly on Folsom & Howard between 6th and 10th.
- 1234 Folsom - Ritchie: 982-7100, http://crazedweasels.com/1234_Folsom.jpg (on the right) - Rachel left message for Rourke O'Neill on 7-24
- 1122 Howard - Ritchie: 982-7100, http://crazedweasels.com/1122_Howard.jpg - Rachel left message for Rourke O'Neill on 7-24
- 1240? Folsom - TRI: 268-2218/2259, http://crazedweasels.com/1234_Folsom.jpg (on the left)
- Folsom between 7th & 8th - Pacific Union: 834-3555, http://crazedweasels.com/Chrome_bldg.jpg - LEASED 'just now'
- 3265 17th St @ Mission - 650-697-9639, http://crazedweasels.com/17th_and_Mission.jpg
- 2017 Mission @ 16th - 885-6970, http://crazedweasels.com/2017_Mission.jpg