This page collects trip reports to view possible Noisebridge spaces.
- QuestionsForTheSpace: This is a list of questions we may want to ask about any space we want to inhabit.
Places to look include craigslist and Bill pointed out starboardnet.com hcmcommercial.com, loopnet.com, and sfarmls.com. Also look in windows of buildings as you pass by and take down "for rent" numbers. When you see a place that looks interesting, add it to the list of "places to set up viewings" below. If you have a minute and can schedule some time out of your day, pick up a place from the list and call the landlord to set up a viewing.
Here's a list in no particular order of the things we are looking for from a space. This describes an ideal space, not every space will be like this.
- 1200+ square feet
- 24-hour access (ideally our own secured entrance)
- No neighbor complaints for access, music work, or other noise
- Safe neighborhood (see murder map, for example)
- San Francisco
- Near public transportation
- reasonable power and ventilation
17 January 2008:
We (Jake Appelbaum, Andy Isaacson, and David Molnar) went out to go look at an office space advertised on craigslist on Thursday that might be available for a permanent move-in soon. We actually ended up seeing two places. Here are some notes on the places plus pictures. These give some idea of what possible options are in addition to 40 Ringold. (Thanks again to Bill for letting us use 40 Ringold for meetings, etc. during this time!)
Places to Set Up Viewings
This is a list of places where we may want to set up a viewing. Please add and update status as needed.
- 7th and Mission - 1000 sq. ft for ~$1500 2nd floor, http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/off/735135308.html
- 7th and Bryant - 950 sq. ft for ~$1500, http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/off/739209578.html
- 7th and Folsom - 1000 sq. ft for ~$1900, http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/off/738348767.html
- 10th and Harrison - http://www.foundersrealty.com/cgi-local/viewer.cgi?action=display_rentals_detail&id=565
The next few have pix Rachel took on the way to & from work, mostly on Folsom & Howard between 6th and 10th. For some tedious iPhone reason, although the pix are all oriented correctly on my Mac they are sideways or upside down after uploading... anyone understand about this? (Preview.app reads the EXIM data that's aware of the orientation, but doesn't save the image as the same direction -Matt)
- 1234 Folsom - Ritchie: 982-7100, http://crazedweasels.com/1234_Folsom.jpg (on the right)
- 1240? Folsom - TRI: 268-2218/2259, http://crazedweasels.com/1234_Folsom.jpg (on the left)
- Folsom between 7th & 8th - Pacific Union: 834-3555, http://crazedweasels.com/Chrome_bldg.jpg
- 1230 Howard - 626-5088, http://crazedweasels.com/1230_Howard.jpg
- 3265 17th St @ Mission - 650-697-9639, http://crazedweasels.com/17th_and_Mission.jpg
- 1122 Howard - Ritchie: 982-7100, http://crazedweasels.com/1122_Howard.jpg
- 2017 Mission @ 16th - 885-6970, http://crazedweasels.com/2017_Mission.jpg