Mikael wants to carve pumpkins!
Halloween is coming up, and with a suitably placed Soldering Workshop, what better way to prepare for the gourd-filled festivities than by soldering your own pumpkin hack?
With the bits we carve out of the pumpkins, we might even be ambitious enough to start cooking meals for the crowd - pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie: the possibilities are endless!
Some things one could make with a pumpkin and some electronics:
- Darkdetecting pumpkin lighting
- Arduino-controlled multimedia pumpkin - probably on the more advanced side
- Proximity-sensing pumpkin
- Several LED-enhanced pumpkin projects
- See no evil (darkness-activated glow), Hear no evil (theremin-pumpkin), Speak no evil (Sound-to-light-pumpkin)
Cost (and logistics)
We need to buy the pumpkins and to get enough components for the stuff people want to do. Mikael'll dig out a few cool projects from Make:blog and other sources, and post expected costs for the resulting kits and for pumpkins. Hauling the pumpkins though is going to need a bit of coordination - not possible to lug on buses from Palo Alto :-) - we need to get someone to help out driving it all to the space.
In the end, you'll be paying for your pumpkin, and a few $ worth of electronics to put in it.