Noisebridge's Learning Python Classes
- Advanced Class, Tuesdays at 7:00 - 9:00 PM PST
- Introduction to Python, Wednesday, ditto (at 7-9 PM)
Intro to Python schedule is here, see below to get the online texts for this Intro to Python class
The Advanced Class:
We are currently building a weekly schedule that you can peek at by clicking [here]
In general, this is your class, peeps! We are here to serve you, so any feedback is welcome.
After 9pm Tuesdays, we'll have open hacking time and time for questions for those that are kicking so much ass they just can't go home yet, or even for those that may have gone to Mondays' Front-end Web Development class and want to come back for more. If you have problems from work or home, feel free to bring them after 9 and everyone can help each other.
For redundancy, not 1 but 2(!) people will be helping run the Advanced Class. Please contact either of us with comments/questions:
Cost: Free! That's right homies. Bring your good vibes and we are at your disposal!
Sign up for this now!
Once you join the mailing list, send a request to join the PyClass organization to https://github.com/egonSchiele
Intro to Python Texts
- Learn Python The Hard Way - A good introductory text with lots of exercises written by prolific programmer Zed Shaw
- Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist
- PyClass Organization
- Textbook Code
[Old] Class Slides
Other Helpful Texts
- Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python - written by Noisebridger Al Sweigart, free to download
- PEP 8 -- The highly recommended Style Guide for Python Code
- A Byte of Python
- Python in a Nutshell - a handy reference
- Python Documentation