Noisebridge's Learning Python Classes
Important announcement: The classes have been replaced by Q&A/hack sessions as the curriculum is redeveloped.
If you are interested in teaching a curriculum on Wednesday, please contact 
Please drop by at the normal times:
- Tuesday 7:00 - 9:00 PM PST - 'Turing' Classroom
- Wednesday 7:00 - 9:00 PM PST - 'Church' Classroom
- Advanced Class, Tuesdays at 7:00 - 9:00 PM PST
- Introduction to Python, Wednesday, ditto (at 7-9 PM)
Intro to Python schedule is here, see below to get the online texts for this Intro to Python class
The Advanced Class:
We are currently building a weekly schedule that you can peek at by clicking [here]
In general, this is your class, peeps! We are here to serve you, so any feedback is welcome.
After 9pm Tuesdays, we'll have open hacking time and time for questions for those that are kicking so much ass they just can't go home yet, or even for those that may have gone to Mondays' Front-end Web Development class and want to come back for more. If you have problems from work or home, feel free to bring them after 9 and everyone can help each other.
For redundancy, not 1 but 2(!) people will be helping run the Advanced Class. Please contact either of us with comments/questions:
Cost: Free! That's right homies. Bring your good vibes and we are at your disposal!
Sign up for this now!
Once you join the mailing list, send a request to join the PyClass organization to https://github.com/egonSchiele
Semi-Official Intro to Python Class Texts
- Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist
- Learn Python The Hard Way - A good introductory text with lots of exercises written by prolific programmer Zed Shaw
- PEP 8 -- The highly recommended Style Guide for Python Code
Other Intro to Python Texts
- A Byte of Python
- Learn Python - Free Interactive Python Tutorial
- How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python 2nd Edition
- The Python Tutorial - written by Guido van Rossum, creator of the Python programming language
- Python 2.x.x Documentation download - Contains Python Tutorial & other docs in various readable formats
- PyClass Organization
- Invent with Python Textbook Code <404 Error>
- https://github.com/noisebridge/Intro-Python / Kellan Jacobs Notes
- https://github.com/noisebridge/flask-noiselist / E Leddy
d=== [Old] Class Slides ===