Revision as of 02:40, 25 September 2013 by 18.104.22.168
When someone says something outrageously funny or weird, it goes on the memorable quotes list or it gets the hose again.
Most recent are on top.
- TravisWellman.com: I recommend anyone selling anything for cash get a photo of the buyer's ID.
- netik: It's downright impossible to implement traffic shaping when the traffic is asymmetrically loaded and you do not control the other end of the link.
jake: hey man just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.
- RedType: so wait is noisebridge finally imploding
RedType: i looove drama that im not involved in
- teratoma: i isued a pull request to the cygnite guy to delete everything
teratoma: he probably wont accept it
- LinkReincarnate: I am tired of the anti police bias at Noisebridge.
- pryankster: Although my bachelors degree is in Math/Computer Science I have always felt that language should express ideas accurately. So I can state definitively that there is no such thing as a Sleep Hacker.
- mala: you can always just kind of defend yourself by going "no, i'm just hacking this sandwich"
- rubin110: THE FIRST LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS IS YOU ARE ON FIRE.
- martin: I told him again I still don't know of anyone that's around who works on the TOR node but I will certainly relay the message.
- jerkey: cnc mills have been around for many years, it's the hackers who need to be improved
- Snail: My only consolation is this literal pile of bacon I am eating.
- Velyks: London hackspace has now put advisory stickers over the taps explaining that the water contains water.
Velyks: Known pesticide solvent and responsible for thousands of deaths each year
- eqe: Those who would give up source code to obtain a little temporary usability will get neither safety nor usability.
- letigre: I'm fairly new to the scene myself but have already learned the reality that we have to protect ourselves by being selective about the people we surround ourselves with.
- malaclyps: SuperQ_ drops his "rm -rf kitchen" BOMBSHELL
- StrangeCharm: Wow, these mailing-list threads are totally over the top.
- danny: OH GOD YES THE POWER WHY DID I EVER DOUBT AL BILLINGS?
- lizzard: Everyone forgets the feminist cabal
- LinkReincarnate: Who am I indeed you neckbearded fuck.
- zv: I'm not critical, It's just a little whack
- zv_: Homeless robots may be exempt from jj's judgement
- lpb: noisebot: tell harrison about compassion
noisebot: lpb: I never heard of compassion :(
- gnusosa: I just loved seeing crackheads in 16 st wearing OSCON 09 shirts
- rubin110: I can't believe that someone pooped in the space and it wasn't me.
Bifrost: rubin: I am sortof shocked as well.
- gnusosa: c++ is the neo-liberalism statement of the corporate technocrats.
unixjazz: how about java?!?
gnusosa: Java is the CIA killing Sanidistas and Tupamaros in South America.
- Evil-Bill: A semen tank doesn't sound very useful on the battlefield.
- yesac: we have to get Mitch to shit in every hackerspace ever
- zonk1024: Anyone have a lead on a relatively cheap, relatively nice place in the mission for rent?
- hybrid oogle/hipster in the library: (upon being woken up and asked to sleep elsewhere) You and your analytic bullshit. Fuck your ones and zeros!
- harvy: hello?
Evil-Bill: Hello and welcome to the enrichment center.
- Dean Mao: those people didn't even look like hackers
- froggtoad: tunnel digging? someone making a subway?
froggtoad: subways are like diy 4d printing
- teratoma: moxie just biked by me in the dark. no light. no helmet
jerkey: he doesn't want the government to get him
- froggytoad: you have to be paid a developers wages to eat like a carney in this town.
- mischief: okc never got me any booty
rubin110: mischief: That's because you list Plan9 in your profile.
mischief: help me
zv: a girl just can't compare to GCC
zv: Theres only one kind of tan I care about
zv: and the tan that most girls on OKC have can't relate the angle derived from the lengths of the opposite to adjascent side
zv: i say live proud with the plan9 fandom mischief
zv: if a girl can't dig your evidently superior taste in monolithic kernel architectures, then whatever with that.
- rachel lyra: I remember the insane depredations of the Noisebridge Couch Liberation Front, and it was only through a series of intricate negotiations that the current truce was reached. Be wary. The CLF could switch sides and deliver 1000 couches to your home if you piss them off.
- The question is, why are bugs shooting bullets at me?
Crutcher: To teach you about fractions!
- zv: the man with the aggression of uriel without the wisdom, the aristocracy of linus without the legacy and humility of mitt romney without the hot wife.
zv: worried that he will slip deeper and deeper into irrelevancy
zv: he is
zv: Theo De Raadt
- VonGuard: I am appalled and ashamed that I was ever associated with the space to begin with.
- teratoma: i think the frozen rats in my freezer are going bad
- gnusosa: Am I crazy for wanting a bike for hire.
rubin110: gnusosa: That would be a facinating hipster trend.
rubin110: Your primary bike made to look just like it came from a bike share program from another part of the world.
gnusosa: No, I don't want to be a hipster. I just want a bike like that. I really like the shape.
rubin110: That's what all hipsters say.
- tlalexander: the organization cannot actually be truly anarchist without quickly getting booted from SF.
- dj_ryan: I'll have you know MY anal muscles are decidedly NOT SMOOTH
- wsargent: php is the twilight of programming languages
- rubin110: froggytoad: Want to go to Minneapolis for a Grimes concert in October?
froggytoad: sure, if it doesn't conflict with the mini maker faire. in oakland.
rubin110: Mini Maker Faire in Oakland, is that where you 3D print a mugging?
- zv: i thought the man was preventing me from ircing
zv: turns out I just dont know what a pagedown is
- malaclyps: Rob Pike, like everyone else you know, is a file
- gnusosa: wiretapped: I'm doing Advanced Vim usage and Free Software as a change platform in Latino America.
gnusosa: wiretapped: In hackmeet
wiretapped: is that one talk or two? :)
gnusosa: wiretapped: two
wiretapped: "Vim: a platform for social change"
gnusosa: wiretapped: That would be awesome.
gnusosa: "Life is like a visual line mode. We must insert and go back to edit mode if we want to succeed."
- casey: Go back to Plan9, hipster.
- wiretapped: stopped at home depot to make repairs
wiretapped: getting back underway now
yesac: it was funny, latitude said y'all were stopped at the CHP parking lot for hours. figured that was a bad sign
dj_ryan: repairz? AMG
malaclyps: okay we need to repurpose that latitude for tracking the ponybus
aestetix: I wonder how hard it would be to reshoot Rocky Horror, cast entirely with monkeys
yesac: aestetix: what channel are you actually in?
- synx: wsargent lets start a startup
synx: that delivers tarballs on the web
synx: click files, download compressed
- [09:37am] cynthia joined the chat room.
[09:37am] cynthia left the chat room. ("goodbye forever")
- Snail: On side-channels to defeat web mazes "You could probably own Dreamhost pretty easily..."
- Atala: i wonder how many Mormons typo their church name and call each other Morons.
- Tom: After all the digits of pi, I'm going to add a comment that says, "I see what you did there."
- Tom: So that we have all the digits of pi in a file.
- miloh: 35 dollars is enough to ensure your cryptographic randomness. Entropy is guaranteed.
- ditzydoo: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/31434/1/Pinkie-Pie-Turns-Into-Rainbow-Dash%27s-Pubic-Hair/Kinaidographos
noisebot: [Link Info] title: Kinaidographos > Pinkie Pie Turns Into Rainbow Dash's Pubic Hair - FIMFiction.net
ditzydoo wrong window.
- wsargent: they're all wondering how long it will take before someone notices they're jerking off in the bathroom
RedType: wsargent: i dunno i can pump one out really fast but i take a long time to take a shit sooo
wsargent: just be sure to explain that to everyone and you'll be fine
RedType: HEY GUYS IM NOT JERKING OFF I JUST HAVE POOPER PROBLEMS OK TIA *shuts door, loud rhythmic grunts emerge, door opens* I TOOK A VIDEO IN CASE ANY OF YOU GUYS DONT BELIEVE ME PLUS I DIDNT FLUSH SO YOU HAVE MORE PROOF
RedType: OH AND I DIDNT WIPE, JUST ONE MORE PIECE OF EVIDENCE *drops pants, spreads ass cheeks*
RedType: actually that probably wouldnt get me 86d but it would generate a 30 message thread on nb-discuss in which someone unironically invokes a fecal version of godwin, calling another nb-er "literally shitler"
dj_ryan: that is fucking fantastic
wsargent: please someone put that up on the quotes page
wsargent: I can't do it right now, I locked myself out
RedType: my faberge beozar would probably then get "upcycled" into an organic coffee filter
DrSyzygy: ... faberge bezoar?!
RedType: faberge eggs are pretty big right?
RedType: anyways and with that the noisebridge "circle of life" would be complete
- snail: PHP is a recursive acryonym. It stands for Probably Hacked PHP.
- rubin110: Actually, I'm more concerned about the reuse of the name "Ass".
rubin110: Reusing machine names is totally bad luck.
- david415: your shit-eating grin tells me you don't understand
- Cobalt: Some of us don't use banks
- epsas: omfg - prometheus is coming out in two weeks
mrfb: oh shit
mrfb: wait why does belgium, france, and switzerland get it a week early
ani: so people can pirate it faster?
- Rubin Starset: Show me, on me, where the bad person touched you.
Rubin Starset: How long are you guys in town for?
Rubin Starset: Whopes wrong window.
- Noodles: Did I just watch someone smack some robot ass?
- rayc: If Noisebridge didn't have oogling and trolling then it would be once again 100% unadulterated, as it started out; just on a bigger level.
- hipe: Everyone's crazy at Noisebridge.
- yesac: dr_jesus: some kind of frankenbootrom you're writing.
yesac: i pity the poor sod who has to debug it
dr_jesus: yesac: I ran it twice, it's debugged
- cantelope: in reality, time is finite. in the future it will be divied up and sold as land is now. you might buy a slice of time from ACME Temporal Realty INC. This realty will be a reality. we are casualties of causality, currently the currency of the transtemporal transhuman architect.
DrSyzygy: cantelope: Time is finite??
DrSyzygy: So the topology of the universe is actually settled now? And the global curvature?
cantelope: oh.. oops. sorry, every word there has a typo. i meant to say "god bless america"