If you have an RFID token, and a Noisebridge Member trusts you, the member can add your RFID to our access control system and you can get 30-day access to noisebridge without having to use the doorbell.
After 30 days, any member or philanthropist can renew your token!
To see how long you've got left, just scan it upstairs at door and see what the display says.
Also, if you don't have an RFID (like a clipper card), Noisebridge has RFID tokens!
They're small and blue keyfobs. We bought a big bag of them for $MONEY, so if you want one you should pony up $5 and do your part to keep Noisebridge kickin'.
More about Earl, the Access Control System
There are four access levels within the system:
- Daytime Access - You can enter the space without restriction between 10:00 and 22:00, but cannot register new tokens
- Power User - You've got some extended hours from 7:00 to 23:00, but still cannot register new tokens
- Philanthropist - You have 24 hour access to the space
- Member - 24 hour access, and you can register new tokens
Having a token is a sign of responsibility at Noisebridge. All who have tokens are allowed to bring other people into the space, and can also buzz others up by scanning their token.
You are responsible for who you bring into the space! If you don't know someone, don't let them in unless you're 100% willing and able to give them a tour of noisebridge. Make sure that you tell them:
- Who we are
- What we're about
- What goes on
- The weekly meeting is a great place to get to know everyone
Equally important, check the 86 page to see who you shouldn't let in. Everyone is welcome to visit Noisebridge, but not everyone is welcome to stay.
- The server is a small RaspberryPI named Earl