We've been Noisebridging for quite some time by now. So have many others. Many, many others.
A lot of us are pretty burnt out. There's also a lot of newbies who still have hopes and dreams.
A thing that's been on our collective mind lately is the relatively small number of people making big things happen at Noisebridge. Its a feeling that this number is slowly sliding back into the entropy danger zone.
Another thing that's been on *everyone's* mind is: Wow that reboot thing went pretty good, eh? Lets have another!
Why not, hmm?
Late/mid September (probably, idk, lets talk about it), lets close Noisebridge for the weekend. Lets shut things down. Lets close it all down and clean up the space. Fix all the things that we've been wanting to hack on but nobody's had the time to get everyone together, build a big todo list, sort out supplies, and MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Sounds like a lot, huh? Thats fine. We can do it. We're Noisebridge. We did a whole 3 month long reboot last year, so we can totally have a two day long hack day where we hack on Noisebridge.
- Clean up the space
- Make things tidy again
- Scrub bathrooms!
- Empty the fridge!
- WTF is all the crap in the project shelves
- So many locks on the lockers that need cut
- Prune our furniture hoard
- Fix all (or most) of our broken shit
- Broken bookshelves
- The Noise Square is on the blink :(
- Fox lounge lights are brokenredred
- The dirty shop's window is smashed
- The Laser cutter!
- Bathroom sink
- Implement some new infrastructure
- Run some more cat5
- Install some better electrical instead of more extension cords everywhere
- Build a new couch for the Fox Lounge
- Put up some signs, yo
- A rack to hold all of our power drills
- Plywood rack
- Overhead shelving in the dirty shop
- Remote switch to turn on the Noiseboard projector
- Doorbell/buzzer /inside/ the elevator room
- RFID entry through the elevator gate
- Get some muralists to come in and start hacking
- Paint a big map of hackerspaces in the cafe
- Hang up some Art(tm)
- Arts in the fishbowl/elevator/trash room
- More LED arts
- Lots of newbies need to come to IRC/Slack/nb-discuss
- What does Noisebridge mean to you, eh?
- We need more members. This is how we member-up.
- I heard someone wants to make a newsletter
How It Happens
We'll talk about it during our Tuesday meetings. Lets figure out how it'll happen as we go. Our current Cat Herder is Torrie, so poke her with questions and ideas and she'll coordinate everyone.
If you're keen on helping out, add some items to this wiki page!
Things we'll need a big pile of to make this happen:
- Drywall anchors
- Conduit bender
- Conduit clips to anchor new conduit to the walls
- Bathroom cleaning supplies
- Paints of all the colors
- Romex staples
- Fabric for curtains