pony.noise is a headless Linux box at Noisebridge.
- From the main Noisebridge network, the IP address is 172.30.0.30, and DNS has it at pony.noise.
- From the Internet or the noisebridge-dsl wifi, a NAT port is forwarded from pony.noisebridge.net.
- Currently the DNS isn't working well... until it is, you can add its IP to your hosts file: 18.104.22.168.
RSA key fingerprint is 9d:af:f4:94:70:65:ab:b2:af:a1:ad:03:2b:36:e6:43.
With the following stanza in ~/.ssh/config, you can ssh pony from outside, and ssh pony.local from inside.
Host pony | pony.local Hostname pony.noisebridge.net ForwardAgent no ForwardX11 no
If you want an account, add a SSH Key and an Adduser stanza to your User: page on the wiki; see User:Adi or User:Rubin110 for examples. Then contact via email someone with full sudoers on Pony (see below) for an account, please provide a link to your user page to make it easier. Any Noisebridge member who agrees to be excellent to each other is welcome to an account. All users get sudo apt-get access; additional administration duties will be shared as necessary (asking nice works better then threatening to root the box).
Requests to change a user's shell after the account has been created will require a personal favor or a Double Dare. (Or you can simply use chsh.)
Full sudoers (updated 20100222):
There Are No Backups.
- 2GB RAM
- 3-core 64-bit AMD CPU at 2.1 GHz
- 750GB system drive
- 2.5 TB data drives in eSATA chassis (/d1, /d2, /d3)
- Debian Lenny (5.0 stable) 32-bit install
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda5 9.2G 223M 8.5G 3% / tmpfs 887M 0 887M 0% /lib/init/rw udev 10M 136K 9.9M 2% /dev tmpfs 887M 0 887M 0% /dev/shm /dev/sda1 942M 32M 863M 4% /boot /dev/sda8 46G 181M 44G 1% /tmp /dev/sda7 92G 480M 87G 1% /usr /dev/sda9 9.2G 372M 8.4G 5% /var /dev/sda11 9.2G 153M 8.6G 2% /var/log /dev/sda10 9.2G 150M 8.6G 2% /var/tmp /dev/sda12 92G 188M 87G 1% /var/www /dev/sda14 368G 195M 349G 1% /home /dev/sda13 46G 180M 44G 1% /scratch /dev/sdc1 917G 200M 908G 1% /d1 /dev/sdb1 688G 198M 681G 1% /d2 /dev/sde1 688G 198M 681G 1% /d3
Use the IP PDU documented on the Network page.