pony.noise is a headless Linux box at 83c.
- From the main Noisebridge network, the IP address is 172.30.0.30, and DNS has it at pony.noise.
- From the Internet or the noisebridge-dsl wifi, a NAT port is forwarded from pony.noisebridge.net.
- Currently the DNS isn't working well... until it is, you can add its IP to your hosts file: 18.104.22.168.
RSA key fingerprint is 9d:af:f4:94:70:65:ab:b2:af:a1:ad:03:2b:36:e6:43.
With the following stanza in ~/.ssh/config, you can ssh pony from outside, and ssh pony.local from inside.
Host pony | pony.local Hostname pony.noisebridge.net ForwardAgent no ForwardX11 no
If you want an account, add a SSH Key and an Adduser stanza to your User: page on the wiki; see User:Adi or User:Rubin110 for examples. Then, contact (via email is best) an admin for an account. Any Noisebridge member who agrees to be excellent to each other is welcome to an account. All users get sudo apt-get access; additional administration duties will be shared as necessary.
Requests to change a user's shell after the account has been created will require a personal favor or a Double Dare. (Or you can simply use chsh.)
There Are No Backups.
- 2GB RAM
- 3-core 64-bit AMD CPU at 2.1 GHz
- 750GB system drive
- 2.5 TB data drives in eSATA chassis (/d1, /d2, /d3)
- Debian Lenny (5.0 stable) 32-bit install
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda5 9.2G 223M 8.5G 3% / tmpfs 887M 0 887M 0% /lib/init/rw udev 10M 136K 9.9M 2% /dev tmpfs 887M 0 887M 0% /dev/shm /dev/sda1 942M 32M 863M 4% /boot /dev/sda8 46G 181M 44G 1% /tmp /dev/sda7 92G 480M 87G 1% /usr /dev/sda9 9.2G 372M 8.4G 5% /var /dev/sda11 9.2G 153M 8.6G 2% /var/log /dev/sda10 9.2G 150M 8.6G 2% /var/tmp /dev/sda12 92G 188M 87G 1% /var/www /dev/sda14 368G 195M 349G 1% /home /dev/sda13 46G 180M 44G 1% /scratch /dev/sdc1 917G 200M 908G 1% /d1 /dev/sdb1 688G 198M 681G 1% /d2 /dev/sde1 688G 198M 681G 1% /d3