The shop is located to the left of the main entrance at 2169. The buildout is a work in progress as of 9/25/09. fixme with updates, photos.
A wish-list for the shop is posted on Dirty Shop Wish List
- Table Saw (Black & Decker BT2500)
- Lathe (7"x12" Cummins)
- Check http://www.mini-lathe.com/ for great info
- CNC Mill (MaxNC 10)
- Bandsaw (Sears 10" 1/3 HP)
- Radial saw (Ryobi 8 1/4" RA-200)
- Bench grinder (Ryobi 6")
- Disk sander (Delta 31-120 12")
- Drill press (Ryobi RDP1850)
- Air compressor (2.5SCFM @ 90psi, 6gal)
- Assorted hand tools
- Heat gun
- Assorted screws, bolts, etc
Other Noisebridge Tools
A note regarding cutting metal in stationary tools:
The shavings that come off the metal piece being cut are HOT!
In a stationary tool that has been used on wood, there is typically a nice big thick bed of sawdust inside the tool. When the metal shavings fall into this bed of sawdust, an awesome smoldery fire can build up sight unseen inside of the tool. Yay!
When possible it is best to have two separate dedicated tools... and/or if one is going to be transfered over into metal service the inside should be vacuumed out first, and/or the operator should check inside the machine when they are done.