m (→Possible Members of the Brigade)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
|Line 20:||Line 21:|
Revision as of 08:50, 16 August 2013sleeping at Noisebridge. This is a practice which is unacceptable to varying degrees depending on whom you ask. Although there is no clear consensus on how to deal with this, it is clear that some of the sleeping behavior is not excellent. But in the middle of the night, social pressure to be excellent wanes, and this is largely the only tool Noisebridge has for enforcing the One Rule. The Rooster Brigade is an observational effort to understand the nocturnal underbelly of the Noisebridge community and hopefully disseminate excellence beyond the midnight hour.
Possible Members of the Brigade
- DieLaughing (Adam)
- October 6 - Dec 15
- Laurent. Found daily in classroom and in laser engraver DJ booth. Sleeps in either one or two office chairs with legs propped on second chair.
- January 16 - January 31
- Daily forced wake up of everyone sleeping at Noisebridge by Katherine at 6:30 am. Number of sleepers drops dramatically during this period
- February 1 - Present
- Daily wake up now additionally enforced by throwing out people who do not wake on the first try by Katherine. Several people removed. This has been daily at 6:30 am.
- 9 people appear to be crashing at Noisebridge. Eric took some notes with basic descriptions and a few first names.
- A guy named John who sometimes sleeps at Noisebridge (Ben has photographed him) was removed by Ben, Rayc and another guy after becoming violent and threatening people in the space. He was picked up outside by the police.
- Eric asked one person in the morning not to sleep at Noisebridge. Update: talked more with her that evening. She said that she once objected to someone waking a sleeper because she had just given the sleeper in question a massage on the couch and they had dozed off. It was 4 or 5 in the morning at the time. I suggested that 4am bodywork which leads to sleeping should be done at someone's house, because sleeping in the space is a really touchy issue right now.
- Eric kicked out another one of "Amber's minions" who was crashed out in a chair less than an hour after arriving in the space.
- User:Malaclyps popped by at 7AM. A bunch of people were sitting around really trying hard not to fall asleep, but not able to do much else. I smiled kind of nervously, and went home feeling sad.
- Apparently an anonymous rooster, present in the space that morning, was keeping the would-be-sleepers in line. I will see if I can learn any more about this anonymous contingent of the late night crew that is clearly attempting to enforce excellence. -User:Hurtstotouchfire
- 02/13/12 Houseguests Are Like Fish
- "Katherine" wrote:
- "Katherine" wrote:
- At around 4am, an older guy (kind of small, short gray hair, wearing a brown leather jacket with lots of air force patches) crawled under the electronics bench and started sleeping. Robert started yelling loudly "No Sleeping at Noisebridge". He said he was not sleeping, just listening to an audio book. 2 hours later, he was still there, and clearly sleeping. -- Alan Rockefeller 19:41, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
- A new year! Steve, the old guy who usually uses the PC on the electronics desk, was asleep in a sleeping bag in the DJ booth, along with Cliff, a young guy with black hair. Cliff, a guy with lots of scribbles on his hands, was asleep on the couches. Laurent was about. --Malaclyps (talk) 17:36, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
06.13.2013 5 people sleeping in the library. 3 in Hackerstacker. Woke sleepers in library. User:hicksu
06.14.2013 Sleeping people: library - 1, dj booth - 1 HackerStacker - 3. Woke sleepers in library and booth. User:hicksu
06.20.2013 Sleeping people: General Space - 10 (ten) HackerStacker - 2. Woke sleepers in library and booth. User:hicksu