Revision as of 18:00, 9 November 2010 by SpammerHellDontDelete
The Scanning Electron Microscope at Noisebridge.
- "TV Mini-SEM (R)" by ISI (International Scientific Instruments)
- lives in the "science ghetto" on the west end of the south wall at 2169.
- is tended by Mike Kan and the rest of the SEM mailing list
- camera mounting stage and bellows hood for slow-scan exposure. Proposed (2010-06-15), Completed by Mike, Miloh, and Chris (2010-11-06)
- If you release the vacuum without venting the pump hose, pump oil will flood the chamber and contaminate the entire mechanism, requiring 10 hours of cleanup.
- If you vent air into the column without powering down the filament, you'll probably destroy the filament ($100).
- If you
- get the power cord from Mike.
- (to be continued)
- column liner needs to be replaced. Larry may be able to provide a clean liner. (2010-06-15)
- (long term) build digital capture stage to replace CRT mechanism (2010-06-15)
- build sputter coater for specimen preparation (2010-06-15)