We're forming a study group to learn about the scheme programming language and fundamental CS concepts using the classic book SICP as a study guide. The full text of this book is freely available online, and we have a physical copy on our bookshelf as well. Our first meetup will be on Sunday March 20th at 2pm in the Church classroom of the Noisebridge hackerspace. Please monitor the Noisebridge Discuss mailing list for updates (read the archives if you'd rather not subscribe to this somewhat high-volume list).
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs (SICP)
- MIT OpenCourseWare for SICP
- Video Lectures by Hal Abelson and Gerald Jay Sussman
Other Helpful Texts
- The Little Schemer
- Simply Scheme: Introducing Computer Science
- The Scheme Programming Language
- The Adventures of a Pythonista in Schemeland (a series of online articles)
- schemers.org -- lots of scheme links.
- Racket The original "DrScheme" has been updated and expanded and renamed. It is still Scheme at the core however.
- PLT Scheme = Racket PLT Scheme was renamed to Racket, included here for de-confusion.
- Chicken Scheme is another implementation of scheme. It has as active, friendly community...and it has eggs.