A workshop to demystify the sewing machine and sewing in general. Non-exhaustive subjects to be covered, or at least touched on:
- basic hand sewing
- How to run a sewing machine
- common sewing machine problems & their solutions
- mending tears, button replacement, patching
- hack your clothing (partially or completely rework an existing garment)
- what's a serger & how does it work?
The goal is to get you comfortable enough to add sewing to your list of project techniques. Some examples I've heard about include a glove that you can operate an iPod with; Noisebridge sew-on patches; mending backpacks; an RFID cloning glove; and of course the Compass Vibro Anklet.
Interested? Date is not set. Add your name below and when might be a good time.