Signage is a great way to show people how things work or (more importantly) where they can get more information.
Most important thing: Please print out sign and cover it with clear mailing tape so that it lasts. It's better to make one good sign that lasts instead of several cheap ones. Please don't write or add your own commentary to signs.
nburl.net URL Shortening Service
The http://nburl.net URL shortener is Noisebridge's url shortener. Often times these links will go to a wiki page. By putting a short URL on equipment and objects in the space, we provide a way for people to look up more info.
Ideally, the nburl url should reveal the following:
1. The instruction manual for this item, or any records related to it.
2. Where to put the object when you are done with it.
3. Any scheduling info related to this object, or if it is currently being used by someone else for a project.
- Fire escape "keep this door locked" sign.
- Record of when/who cleaned the bathrooms.
- Sign above the kitchen sinks about the leftover dirty dish policy
- Improved sign for the treechopper printer and how to use it.
- More "where's the bathroom" signs.
- Announcements section to the "now playing" white board.
- New "buy a tshirt signs" to replace the old ones.
- Giant, light up donation sign