Technical Solutions to Social Problems
"You cannot apply a technological solution to a sociological problem." - Edwards' Law
"Every time I hear Edwards' Law, I reach for my gun" - the Noisebridge Secretaribot
There are lots of fascinating challenges to running a hackerspace using the purest anarchist collective principles, many of which we appear (from the outside) to talk about endlessly. Some of them are actually *about* the need to talk endlessly.
Noisebridge's Social Engineering group's motto is "A little less talk, a lot more evidence-based semi-autonomous behaviouralist actions."
We brainstorm and implement new software, hardware, and architecture that can support Noisebridge's unique social contract in the same way that almost all of the rest of our culture works to support _its_ definition of normality.
You can meet with us on Tuesdays from 7pm-8pm before the official Meeting in Turing, or join the socialengineering mailing list
Current facilitator for the Social Engineers is Danny.
Meeting on 2011-07-19
Deeper (incomprehensible) notes here: Social_Engineers/2011-07-19
TODO Next week
- put shannon on the mailing list -- danny ✓
- get google docs sent to the list -- signage -- liz
- work out twitter -- miloh and danny
- phone tree -- number you can call -- continue on socialengineering list
- noiseatnight -- mailing list Mitch + Robert -- danny will talk to mitch ✓, ping rack
- fix wiki spam - danny
TODO in next month
- superclean kitchen photo -- liz and will (who is organizing cleaning)
- yes/no strips down the stairway -- mct and danny
- tools for searching wiki/mailing list