Songbridge is a new group at Noisebridge that meets Fridays 6:00PM-8:00PM in the Church classroom (The back room).
Songbridge is for song hacking: making music that hacks human minds and emotions. We cover multitrack recording using DAWs (digital audio workstations)
Things to bring
- Music Software
- Mac-only: GarageBand
- Ableton Live
- Basically any software based multi-recording system.
Linux Music Production Distros
(in no particular order)
- AV Linux http://www.bandshed.net/AVLinux.html
- "...a full complement of the best Linux Audio and Video creation software encompassing both open-source excellence and commercial demos." Free.
- KX Studio http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/
- "...a collection of applications, artwork and plugins, targeted at audio and video production." Free.
- "A complete Live (GNU/LINUX) distribution for musicians and professionals studios based on Ubuntu Lucid 10.04.4." Free.
- Ubuntu Studio http://ubuntustudio.org/
- "...some of the most popular and recently updated audio software in the Linux world." Free.
- Studio 13.37 (formerly "Puppy Studio") http://www.getstudio1337.com/
- "...the fastest, most fully-featured, pro audio studio in the world! Studio 13.37 (pronounced “leet”) is perfect for professional audio work. Doesn’t need to be installed, and can produce studio-quality results from almost any computer. Unbelievable speed, amazingly low latency, and “zero glitches”. Full money-back guarantee." $50
Johny Radio's Hand-Picked Musical Web Toys & Tools
A collection of free, fun, web-based, music and sound producing toys and tools. Includes a mutating windchime, toys that twist your instrument or turn your voice into visual art, gorgeous drones, a visual harp, a fractal synthesizer, faithfully-modeled 808 and 909 drum machines, a modeled plucked string, reverbs, MIDI multitrackers, and full-fledged recording studios. https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Web_Sound_Toys