Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the hackerspace Noisebridge, our ongoing mission to explore strange (yet economically priced) new ascent technologies; to seek out new parts and new partnerships; to boldly go where no non-government-or-massively-industrially-funded-group has gone before.
- To keep up to date with Spacebridge, subscribe to the Spacebridge mailing list: https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/space
- If you are planning to contribute to or attend Spacebridge meetups, add your name to the Spacebridge interest list
|SpacebridgeAlpha||2010.02.07||Success||Inaugural SpaceBridge Launch||Pictures, kml and sensor data Pictures from onboard camera Photos of launch/team|
Concepts and Ideas
- SpaceBridgeFleet - Establishing a flight protocol to enable a more modular and streamlined launch
- APRS - amateur radio position reporting plans, ideas and execution.
- Icarus - Android-based in-flight electronics
- Horace - Arduino-based in-flight electronics
- Hackerspaces In Space weather balloon payload challenge
- Spacebridge inaugural meeting (Dec. 20, 2009)
HAIP Automatons -- http://spaceballoonproject.blogspot.com -- Group that merged their project with Spacebridge.
Space Tourism Society -- http://www.spacetourismsociety.org -- Designing the Orbital Lifestyle
Space Frontier Foundation -- http://spacefrontier.org/ -- Advancing NewSpace
JP Aerospace -- http://jpaerospace.com/ -- Leaders in Balloon Launch Services
Virgin Galactic -- http://www.virgingalactic.com/ -- Sub-orbital joyrides for a mere $200,000
ZeroG Corporation -- http://www.gozerog.com/ -- Awesome Zero gravity airplane rides
Space Adventures -- http://www.spaceadventures.com/ -- The real thing: private rides to the International Space Station!
Bigelow Aerospace -- http://www.bigelowaerospace.com/ -- A real space hotel company. They have TWO prototypes in orbit!
Tripoli Rocketry Association -- http://www.tripoli.org/ -- Long time amateur rocket club
LUNAR -- http://www.lunar.org/ -- Bay Area Rocketry club
AMSAT -- http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/satellites/history.php -- A Brief History of Amateur Satellites
CubeSat -- http://cubesat.org/index.php/workshops/past-workshops -- Past workshops include presentations in PDF
N-Prize -- http://www.n-prize.com/ -- Like the X-Prize but much smaller and less well known.
NASA Lunar Regolith Challenge:
White Knight 2 Rollout:
2008 Yuri's Night Bay Area:
2007 X PRIZE Cup:
HAIP Automaton's first launch:
(Administrivia: because this is the future, I'm going to attempt to minute the meeting in Wave. If you don't yet have a Wave invite but would like to help with the minuting when I inevitably get bored of playing with Wave myself (ie, after the first three minutes), ping me at email@example.com) <wave id="googlewave.com!w+2B5yTcXuh8A" />