|Line 47:||Line 47:|
Latest revision as of 18:57, 21 March 2010
Launch Date: March 27, 2010. (is this correct?)
Requirements for Launch:
- Payload enclosure
- Design and test for environmental survivability
- More video (HD, smooth as practical)
- APRS working
- Long tether (L < 50')
- Parachute deployment
- Mobile camera
- Altimeter (consider $60 Altigps or mems barometer)
Payload Enclosure Proposals:
- Metallized paint is expensive. Suggest gluing mylar/aluminum and soldering ground straps across seams for ESD protection.
- Alternatively, could wrap electronics in foil and hope for the best.
- Lens heater
- Band heater (~$30 McMaster or similar) or Hair Dryer (computer fan plus heating coil)
- Mosfet-actuated, thermistor controlled
- Use mic jack of phone for thermistor input (no arduino necessary!)
- Mylar or similar metallic surface prevents ESD, increases antenna gain.
- Condensation on lenses (is active warming needed?)
- Turbulent airflow (v = 1200 ft/s)
- Sensor noise
- GPS update rate and smoothing