The nature of creative work means it doesn't always pan out financially, so every now and then even the best of us can have a cash flow problem. This is pretty serious in San Francisco due to its high cost of living. We want you to come to Noisebridge, but we also want you to have a place to call your own and to be able to get to and from there safely. Many of the following items are linked to from San Francisco Homeless Resource, which is a fantastic resource for anyone who finds themselves in a tough situation in our great city.
- The bike kitchen is close enough that you can walk to it, and by volunteering your time you can earn enough credit to build your own bike from their spare parts. Some Noisebridge members have bikes from the bike kitchen and although they took some elbow grease, they work great.
- The Bay Bridge bike bridge is a cheap way to get across the Bay Bridge. It only runs during commute hours, but it's $1 cash each way, much less than any other option.
- Food not bombs provides food nearby on occasion.
- San Francisco Personal Assisted Employment Services (PAES)
- Noisebridge Jobs mailing list
- SF CAAP General Assistance
- [User:dr_jesus|Dr. Jesus] coordinates computer loans and donations through a generous hardware grant to Noisebridge.
- San Francisco Public Library, Mission Branch is nearby and has computers available to use.