The nature of creative work means it doesn't always pan out financially, so every now and then even the best of us can have a cash flow problem. This is pretty serious in San Francisco due to its high cost of living. We want you to come to Noisebridge, but we also want you to have a place to call your own and to be able to get to and from there safely. Many of the following items are linked to from San Francisco Homeless Resource, which is a fantastic resource for anyone who finds themselves in a tough situation in our great city.
- The SF Help Charts offer a variety of guides to local social services including hot meals, pantries, shelter, medical care, mental health care, and neighborhood assistance.
- GlideSF offers a variety of programs and services including emergency shelter placement, women's services, health services, a hot meals program, and bagged groceries programs.
- Tenderloin housing clinic
- Larkin Street Youth Center provides emergency shelter placement and a variety of other services to at-risk or homeless youth under 19.
- The bike kitchen is close enough that you can walk to it, and by volunteering your time you can earn enough credit to build your own bike from their spare parts. Some Noisebridge members have bikes from the bike kitchen and although they took some elbow grease, they work great.
- The Bay Bridge bike bridge is a cheap way to get across the Bay Bridge. It only runs during commute hours, but it's $1 cash each way (exact change only), much less than any other option.
- Food not bombs provides food nearby on occasion.
- The SF Food Bank offers a variety of ways to get free or reduced cost food.
- The Print Lists offer a multitude of SF based programs for food and various other social services.
- GlideSF provides a daily Free Meals program with three service times, and unlimited repeat trips through the line until doors close. Recommend you get in line early for a quick trip through.
- Breakfast: 8am - 9am
- Lunch: Noon - 1:30pm
- Dinner: 4pm - 5:30pm (Monday - Friday) and bagged lunches served Noon - 1:30pm (Saturday & Sunday)
- Breakfast: 8am - 9am
- San Francisco Personal Assisted Employment Services (PAES)
- Noisebridge Jobs mailing list
- SF CAAP General Assistance