Wiki-editing friends: Besides the event organizers..., participants, volunteers, and others may want to post on the event Talk discussion page with suggestions and opinions on how the event may be improved. Thanks.
The 1st Perennial San Francisco Stupid Stuff No One Needs & Terrible Ideas Hackathon will run
- 2pm, May 9th to 5pm, May 10th, 2015
- At Noisebridge, Mozilla SF, and Sudo Room.
Noisebridge will be open for the whole hackathon. The other two locations will be open 2pm-9pm on Saturday, and 9am-2pm on Sunday. You could get a special prize for visiting all three locations and producing the stupidest stuff.
Final presentations will be held from 3-5pm Sunday at the Roxie Theater on 16th Street. All ‘teams’ that have ‘hacks’ to present should alert the organizers no later than 2pm on Sunday. (We’ll tell you how to do that Saturday.)
Other Important Miscellany
- Harassment of any kind is unacceptable, and will result in immediate ejection from the event. (“Be Excellent to each other.”)
- There will likely be a lot of us. Useful equipment like power cords will run dry. So please do what you can to provide for your needs and ensure you remain a happy hacker. [See also]
- IN FACT, if you can slap your email address on power cords (...etc) and bring them in for others to use, that would be even more excellent, and people will figuratively hug you for that.
- All three of the spaces hosting this hackathon are generously volunteering their resources for this event. Please make extra certain to clean up after your hacks, respect their codes of conduct, and donate $$$ as you can: For Noisebridge, Sudo Room, Mozilla
- ABSURDITY OVER NEGATIVITY. <3
The hackathon needs more people to help make this goes smoothly and still be fun. Helping out should ITSELF be fun, so please join the party.
Things you can do to help the hackathon:
- Welcoming people to Noisebridge, and showing them the lay of the land.
- Selling T-shirts so that people will not be naked on top (and earning major street-cred + $$$ for keeping the hackspace afloat.)
- Doing the standard thang of "making sure people are okay".
The schedule below has slots for times, and slots for people below the times. Please sign up!
Caveat emptor: Link titles & descriptions might be on the rough 'n raw side for some...