Out of hand
So I'm seeing edit wars and that sucks but there's kind of no option because there's no talk page and now there is so take it here, guys.
I'm wikitransposing a bunch of stuff from the articlespace to here because it's getting out of hand and crufty. Maybe we should start a new page called Beef, and you can just talk shit about people in the space or not in the space bugging you, either signing your posts or like an anonymous little coward. But at the beginning of this page it says, "This is a place to keep track of ... people who have been asked to leave Noisebridge ..." So for now, let's just limit it to that, yeah? If someone hasn't been explicitly individually asked to leave the space, please leave them off 85. As it is it's turning into a "people part of subcultures I don't like" page. 'Cause otherwise this thing is going to get ridiculous and way out of control, with oogles and other annoying individuals. And let's face it, in a place dedicated to people with limited social skills, almost everybody's a bit fucking annoying. <3
Some people seem to have gotten the impression Noisebridge is a 24-hour hangout and drop-in center, whether or not sleep is permitted. With refrigerators where you can leave your food.
The following people have been accused of using Noisebridge as a crashpad and the general sentiment seems to be that they are not making the space more Excellent.
- (edited by self) James Young (tall, goatee, black bandana)
- I have NOT been sleeping in the space. But I am a night owl.
- I; at heart; am a: Hacker, Scholar, Philosopher, Psychologist, Sociologist, Scientist, and anything else I choose to be.
- I did, essentially, plan to attend every class offered by the space, but, I have been very busy with other endeavors the space has assisted me with.
- I have purchased a Noisebridge T-Shirt to show my appreciation for what it stands for.
- I Have donated at least 4 lb.s of coffee. (n/m, i know) And bunch of tea that just disappeared.(I know it didn't go too far, lol.)
- I Also purchased dish soap twice now for the space at times when it was needed. (Again, wish it was more.)
- I have not used the space to store anything, less the projects I started, that were soon after, tossed or hacked by others.
- I squared off with Jon(athon) every step of the way as he made his attempts that ONE Saturday night, even when we all thought he really did have a gun. I stopped him from getting to the fire escape, restrained him with the help of Rayc and Derek to remove from him, his bags. Then I personally, and physically, removed him from the space via wrist/arm-lock and force.
- There was an incident where I had began to hack three old computer towers. After I was done for the night, I cleaned up, I put it all away. After only 12 hours, I returned to find that someone had taken up my hack and finished stripping most of it all that I needed, but they didn't clean up after themselves. So I not only lost my hack, I was blamed for their mess.
I DO try to associate with everyone, So guilty by lifestyle and association, I suppose. I am house-less, But I still have the passion to create, to learn, to dabble, and hack. I still know what respect is. Ending up on this list has halted my decision to join for the moment. I feel like I almost threw money away! I'm being called a Oogle? Excuse me, That is offensive! What happened to being excellent to each other?? -Jedi
(guy with cane who isn't Zack)
- Has not slept or stored stuff at the space in any way.
- Assisted with Removing Jonathon from the space
- Has been active in utilizing the space productively.
- Iraq War Veteran with two purple hearts. (edited by Jedi)
Yogurt Container Man
- I forget his name. Nice guy, unshaven, pretending extremely hard to not be homeless, plays chess, is really handy at repairing the Occupiers clothes with a needle and thread or with the sewing machines. Stores random things in the shelves in the middle of the space.
Rayc lives at Noisebridge. He doesn't always sleep here, but when he does he feels entitled as fuck. He tells people he works for Noisebridge and thus is allowed to sleep here. He decides who else is allowed. He gives everyone tours, he's giving one right now as I write this, and as usual 90% of wat he is telling people is cringe-inducingly absurd bogus nonsense. He is frequently obviously under the influence of substances of the "upper" variety, and exhibits classic tweaker behaviors like constant reorganizing and "soldering" with plastic (making hella toxic fumes, wtf, please ask him to stop). Rayc obviously means well, but sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. Rayc should stop trying to improve Noisebridge infrastructure, stop giving tours, and generally LURK MOAR (aka stfu and chill the fuck out).
- I, for one, want to say I love rayc' tours. If you have a specific criticism, please mention it, so we can perpetuate awesome institutional culture for newcomers and learn from each other, but it seems to me that rayc always gives tours, when no one else is willing to, that, if nothing else, leave first-time visitors excited and inspired. Whatever other bullshit falls out of his mouth, who cares? People can figure out the rest for themselves, right? As long as they're here and willing to contribute and learn. And that's what rayc' tours do.
- Nile, is that you? I thought you were moving out of the space finally.
Look, I realize Amber, despite her protestations, was the catalyst for much of this. But, to my knowledge, she's never been escorted out of the space. Recently, in fact, she has been making an effort to be more productive, disavow her previous aquaintances, and integrate/interface better with the space. This has redeemed her in the eyes of some, but by no means all, regulars. So she dresses like a hippie and engages in logical fallacies when debating. If that's enough to not want her in the space, then grow a pair and ask her respectfully to not come back until the next Tuesday meeting. If not, then shut up and stop talking shit, or at least filling up 85 with rants.
"Please only re-add someone if you know for a fact they've been asked to leave and have specifically refused or been escorted out." --Eric
Sorry Eric, that is just not correct. This page is to compare notes with people who may think a person's presence in inappropriate. If a person has already been asked to leave they may be placed on the 86 page. I have not seen Amber in four days and the space has been MUCH MUCH improved as a result. I would very much like it if she never returned. (Jesse Z.)