The Unix time_t reaches 1234567890 this Friday at about 3:30 PM PST. Noisebridge is celebrating with tea (thyme optional), scones, and a variety of time-related lightning talks.
Friday February 13 from 3PM; feel free to show up earlier (but at risk that you may arrive before the first member, unless you are a member).
- thyme tea
- devonshire cream
- 1234567890 = Fri Feb 13 15:31:30 2009 PST
- What is Unix time, anyways?! (aka "In the beginning...") - adi
- converting between Unix time and boring time - adi
- Decimal time -- kiloseconds, megaseconds, gigaseconds. - adi
- Leap seconds and the epoch - User:Schoen
- the making of thyme tea User:Schoen
- timezones that time forgot (probably not to happen, alas) User:charliep
- pareidolia, or Finding Patterns In Everything 'cuz I'm a Homo Sapiens. - User:Schoen
- The Y3028 problem - adi
- (add more!)